Australian Season Passes

Guest 239

Interesting that yours has different terms to mine. It was an ePass bought on the DW website, and although it was in the fine print that it's valid from the date of purchase it wasn't very clear and I asked that person who bought it for me and they were astounded. After having a whinge to the enquiries email they did extend my pass to 13months from the redeem date but they said clearly it is outside of policy and was just a gesture of good faith. Maybe they have changed their policy if yours is different now, lets hope so as it was whack the way they treated mine. 

On 14/11/2020 at 2:41 AM, ejpdtd said:

The village pass worked as i expected it too, and be valid for 12m from when I first used it, as in 12 months from October. However in classic DW fassion, I discovered yesterday their passes are the opposite and are only valid from date of purchase for the voucher, so i only got the 7 months from covid otherwise would have expired in a months time. So dodgy in my opinion as so many people would be getting passes for xmas and DW ones are essentially a ticking clock, more peope should be warned not to purcahse passes for christmas for DW imo

18 hours ago, jayw said:

That's a bit odd. I purchased 2 DW passes as part of the experience oz promo and don't have any intention of redeeming until next year sometime with the hope of overlapping the period of access into the new coaster opening.

The terms on that ticket are pretty explicit and state that I need to redeem my barcoded ticket before the expiry on it (oct 2021 for me) and that my 12 month pass will be valid form the date it is redeemed. 

Perhaps the different condition you encountered is valid for tickets purchased directly from the park or some other promo? Seems pretty unusual I would think not to have the period start from the first visit unless it was a pass set around a certain date ie. a 2020 season pass as opposed to a 12 month pass...

Annual passes purchased from directly Dreamworld have always started from the date of purchase in recent years (since going to Annual rather than set periods). 

Annual Passes purchased via ExperienceOz (prior to the covid closure) were valid from first use within 12 months, then for a short period after covid (and including the Destination Gold Coast promo) passes had the same terms as Dreamworld directly however this has since charged.

I purchased a pass under the DGC promo and will be interested to see if it is indeed 12 months from purchase or first use as the ticket received has a expiry date of less than 12 months from date of purchase suggesting it is yet to be active in Dreamworld's system.

Previous terms as listed on the website

1652487980_ScreenShot2020-11-15at6_59_25am.thumb.png.64dc4f3ac895b03219af26c8dfe16459.png
Current ExperienceOz terms
1900756649_ScreenShot2020-11-15at6_58_34am.thumb.png.fbb79a55f81c25efd2451be81954bf34.png

In comparison I agree that VRTP have more consumer friendly system, since the launch of One Pass they have had 12 months validity from first use. Recently they have started advertising that in the product pages.

Edited by Park Addict 93

• 2 weeks later...