What was Wonderbuzz & is there any photos / remnants of a Wonderland website if there was one

Ranger

14 hours ago, Ranger said:

Hey guys, a bit of a long question but I have three questions about Wonderland Sydney: 

1: What was Wonderbuzz in regards to WS as shown in this Seven News report at 0:25: 

2: What did the Wonderland website look like and do any of you have pictures of it

3. What did Wonderland look like from the M7?

I think Wonderbuzz might have been the old name for the Wonderland Sydney Youtube channel. I don't think there was a website for WS. But try going to the Wayback Machine if possible and you may find it there. The M7 was under construction when WS closed. You can still find clear satellite photo's of the park on Google Earth Pro when it was abandoned in December 2004. It also includes the M7 under construction.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Ranger said:

1: What was Wonderbuzz in regards to WS as shown in this Seven News report at 0:25: 

1. There are some folks from Wonderland History on here who can help you out more but from what I can gather it may have been some official wonderland fan-site sort of thing. A lot of the images are of rare moments such as demolition, park flyovers, insider information, etc. which makes me believe it was either sanctioned by the park when they knew time was up or its some disgruntled employees trying to salvage what remains.

3. I used to live in Sydney when Wonderland existed and drove past a few times for visiting and when travelling through the area. If you look at this image it gives you a decent idea of what you could see from the M7 http://www.wonderlandhistory.net/sites/default/files/styles/media_gallery_large/public/Aerial-800-18.jpg?itok=sIftxy7D but Bush Beast dominated a majority of your view. There were also some water slides you could see and the Space Probe 7 peaked over the top of the park but due to the parks usage of foliage there wasn't much else from inside the park.

Also from the M4 you could barely see anything other than Space Probe from what I remember. 

On 10/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Ranger said:

2: What did the Wonderland website look like and do any of you have pictures of it

There is too many photo's for Parkz. But if you go to www.wonderland.com.au on the Wayback Machine. You'll find endless information there. Especially if you go to the April 4th 2004 snapshot and go to the Park News section. There's some information about the closure of the park. And about when they had Marvel Characters. There are some items like images that have stopped working now. If you go onto the website now. You have an error because the domain has since been closed.

The group that runs the Wonderland history site do an amazing job. Pretty much most of the content they have is what was available. Digital cameras started to come out but cost so bloody much also. Wonderland left us in time just as technology started to really take off.

Wonderbuzz if I am correct was an admin of the group. I believe they also used to exist on this site when Parkz used to be known as Rollercoaster.com.au.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, StingRay said:

Wonderbuzz if I am correct was an admin of the group. I believe they also used to exist on this site when Parkz used to be known as Rollercoaster.com.au.

Wonderbuzz is indeed an admin of the Wonderland History group.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Ranger said:

Hey guys, a bit of a long question but I have three questions about Wonderland Sydney: 

Any images out there tagged with a 'wonderbuzz' watermark are, for the most part, sourced from the Wonderland Park Archives (slides and negatives that the park itself held prior to closure) and most of these were rescued by Wonderbuzz who was a cast member to the end. Wonderbuzz, among his other talents, designed a lot of the merchandise in the later years, as well as the 'Marvel Dome' in the entry plaza. He also did a lot of the website images and graphics, which is why the watermark resembles the park logo so closely - he created them both.

Wonderland looked pretty similar from the M7 to what it did from Wallgrove road prior to the M7 construction. You'd mainly see the bush beast above the trees, Probe, Demon and sometimes Zodiac. Likewise similar to what you saw from the M4, but at a different angle.

• Love it! 1

On 26/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, AlexB said:

Wonderbuzz is indeed an admin of the Wonderland History group.

Any images out there tagged with a 'wonderbuzz' watermark are, for the most part, sourced from the Wonderland Park Archives (slides and negatives that the park itself held prior to closure) and most of these were rescued by Wonderbuzz who was a cast member to the end. 

What are the wonderland park archives?

11 hours ago, Ranger said:

What are the wonderland park archives?

Erm.... it says so right there in your post:

On 26/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, AlexB said:

the Wonderland Park Archives (slides and negatives that the park itself held prior to closure)

I'll guarantee you every theme park on the gold coast has an archive of old negatives, slides, photo albums, plans, drawings, concepts, artwork, etc etc. When wonderland closed, nobody had any use for them anymore, except Wonderbuzz and the Wonderland History site. Wonderbuzz spent literal months digitising every negative, every slide, scanning documents and plans to create much of what the Wonderland History page is today.

• Like 1