Disneysea

Gazza

Fantastic review! 

japan has really come into our mindset in terms of a trip in the next 12-24 months due to covid since our USA trip was axed this year. Japan’s borders much more likely to open up short term. 

Disneysea was always top on the list if we go, but this has given me heaps more idea of what’s instore. 

• Like 2

Great review as always Gazza!! After our Florida trip in 2017, Japan had firmed as our next overseas destination. COVID has put those plans back of course but we will wait and see what will occur. My son and I have sketched out a fairly decent park run that was always going to include Tokyo Disney , DisneySea, Universal Studios, Fuji Q and Nagashima Spa land as the must do's. Giving ourselves 3 weeks to start with so that we can take in cultural sites and tourist hot spots, is there anything you would add to the list as a must do?

• Like 1

Disneysea is fantatsic loved that place, the theming is unreal. Universal Studios is another must. As for tourist stuff, id suggest depending on when you go, is to do the Mt Fuji tour, such a great day and we also went to a Ninja Temple and watched them train. Love Japan

5 hours ago, themagician said:

@Gazza I did the version of raging spirits at Disneyland Paris. There the theming was also pretty good (but to Indiana Jones), but the ride was very rough and uncomfortable (especially if you’re tall). How was the Japan version in that regards?

It was a bit rough, and had overbearing OSTRs (Bulkier than the old ones on Lethal Weapon)

Thankfully had single rider so only took about 20 min to ride.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, themagician said:

@Gazza I did the version of raging spirits at Disneyland Paris. There the theming was also pretty good (but to Indiana Jones), but the ride was very rough and uncomfortable (especially if you’re tall). How was the Japan version in that regards?

Did you get to ride it when they were running it backwards or forwards? It was definitely rougher going backwards.....

21 hours ago, Gazza said:

An annoyance, locals can use the app to book fastpass slots, but that app isnt available outside japan so you have to walk to the machines, which is a bit unfair IMO

I believe the app is now available outside of Japan, so everyone can use the app to redeem fast passes now (well, everyone that can get to Tokyo Disney :P).

• Like 1

This is kinda my outlook. One would expect Disney standards on food to be higher than your typical streetfood - so when we were in Hong Kong a little while back, we had the 'star dinner' which was all very traditional chinese stuff we'd never have tried on the street - some of it was a little weird, but all of it was amazing!