White Christmas 2020

themagician

Whilst understanding that the buffet isn’t running as they are effectively an extinct species (although greatly missed as it was the highlight for mine), packaging a dinner with a choice of 4 meals, unlimited drinks (including alcohol) and a family photo in my opinion is overkill. The photo op should be optional, as should the alcohol package. 

$69 for adults 

$39 for kids 

5C1428CD-79A4-4CE2-A4B1-A0EC679EC6D4.jpeg

0C62D3E1-C8E9-496A-845F-CE0953904B3F.jpeg

CF9C3731-66DF-4E22-9529-52A64FCBB133.jpeg

• Like 2

On 16/11/2020 at 6:23 AM, themagician said:

For the first time ever, WWF is going to be open at White Christmas. Apparently during its maintenance they installed a heap of new lighting and cameras so they could open it at night

27138568-70A1-40C1-BA56-96AA58010C5A.thumb.jpeg.80d1e036d352daf68ab9ba0b7571aef8.jpeg

Incorrect. That’s why it’s closing at 6:45

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

Bit sad they aren't opening it. At a minimum all they need is a few of those those road works night construction lights to light up the areas. Strategically placed so the bases are hidden or covered up. Or its VRTP - Kings of theming, so just plonk them down wherever.

Cost vs benefit. 

It won't attract any more guests to the event as a whole, will cost more to run (staff, pumps), plus the hire of the lights and the angst of the neighbours. 

Edited by red dragin

Lots of inaccuracies in this thread. 

3 hours ago, Naazon said:

Bit sad they aren't opening it. At a minimum all they need is a few of those those road works night construction lights to light up the areas. Strategically placed so the bases are hidden or covered up. Or its VRTP - Kings of theming, so just plonk them down wherever.

JUST NO!!!

The last thing I want to see is Wild West lit up like a car park. If it’s going to be done it should be fine right, to a high theatrical standard, it’s the most immersive  themed attraction this country has. I’m definitely not in the ‘anything is better than nothing camp’. 

Also noise is not an issue, lighting is. Running the ride is definitely worth the extra expense to raise the park capacity overall. But lighting the ride properly would be a huge job and probably a bit of a stretch this year. I think the extended operating time is a great trial run which might see the money invested for future events for full night ops.