Arkham Asylum dismantling

On 12/11/2020 at 8:25 AM, Naazon said:

Do it. Then just build a multi-story car park, but really far away so it doesn't dwarf any of the rides.

That would be crap if a building suddenly made Green Lantern or even Rivals seem semi small.

Just modify the roof. Make it like the Seaworld Monorail, would make it more intense / attractive as it would capture the sound too.

...or Tron?

The miltilevel carpark would have to go over on the grassy field, or area in front of WB Kids. Hang on, is the grassy area VRTP's, or do they rent it when needing overflow?

1 hour ago, Whombex said:

...or Tron?

The miltilevel carpark would have to go over on the grassy field, or area in front of WB Kids. Hang on, is the grassy area VRTP's, or do they rent it when needing overflow?

Yeah what I was thinking. And I think that area is theirs. Wasnt that the spot they want the hotel?

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, ads086 said:

What if the Wild West show building was turned into the station for a mine train coaster utilising some of the space AA took up? Big Thunder Mountain is one of Disney’s biggest attractions with a version in every park (I think), and it’s certainly not their tallest or fastest.

This would mean a second attraction at that end of the park, and then what was the courtyard can be remodelled to Metropolis, enhancing the theming of Superman. You’d then also have space left for another attraction that can be themed in the DC universe in the appropriate part of the park.

I definitely stand by the mine train coaster - I can see it complimenting WWF well, plus anything that’s NOT DC is good in my books haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slick said:

(think light-house type outpost themed to Mad Max)

The game has you covered for that.

jeet.thumb.jpg.31df697ed16fae6ae89fbf9b0b7653de.jpg

Hell, the game has you covered for ALOT of theming ideas. One of few games where the environment is better than the story, and remains the only reason i went for 100% on the outposts.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

So they’re telling us they’ve removed a large piece of structure, to access a part of the track? How have they accessed this track in the past? They’ve never had to remove it before. Unless they are trying to replace large sections of track and the reason it’s been closed so long is because they’ve ordered those pieces and then COVID has significantly delayed that process 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, themagician said:

So they’re telling us they’ve removed a large piece of structure, to access a part of the track? How have they accessed this track in the past? They’ve never had to remove it before. Unless they are trying to replace large sections of track and the reason it’s been closed so long is because they’ve ordered those pieces and then COVID has significantly delayed that process 

I still wouldn't call that "General Structural Maintenance and Upkeep".

Village have a long way to go with PR. With GL no harm in advertising why they don't have an opening date and why they are waiting.

With AA, if this is the case, come out and say it, tell us what part is replacing and why the extended delay.

9 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Village have a long way to go with PR.

Absolutely. They’ve got better in regards to new attraction updates. They’ve been doing quite a few for New Atlantis which has been great to see. But why do they have to keep maintenance delays a secret. When the general public see heaps of rides are closed, or they are closed for a long time, they always question it, but they never really say anything, or they try to avoid the question 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themagician said:

So they’re telling us they’ve removed a large piece of structure, to access a part of the track?

I don't think any part of that message said anything about 'track' - they said 'general structural maintenance' which could just refer to the building.

This is pretty hinky though - i've seen a screenshot of a PM someone sent to MW where the response said the ride would not return. So why the contradictory messaging?

Also, the village AGM a while back stated pretty clearly they were getting ready to retire (i think it was 2) rides - and the speculation was that it was arkham and something else - and most people landed on Sylvester's Pounce n Bounce. If Arkham isn't retiring, then which other attraction were they referring to at the AGM?

• Like 1

Stuffed if I know why anyone would have thought it was pounce and bounce. It's about telling the shareholders what you're spending money on. Mack 5 and Arkham aren't cheap things to pull down so it's a fair chunk of capex to do it. From a company stand point ripping out something like pounce and bounce may as well be free. Its not about closing attractions, it's about demolishing them.

Edited by joz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brendo88 said:

The chain has arrived and they have been re-installing it this week. GL also now has a listed opening date on their website of dec 18 

Heck yeah I have been waiting for this to reopen I hope the borders between Sydney and Queensland don't close again because I am planning on going up for an entire week and a half in january

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 8.22.28 pm.png

Edited by Coasterlife
I thought i might show the evidence of its reopening
  • Like 5