Arkham Asylum dismantling

I doubt they’ll ever announce its closure. Over the past few years, they never released a statement about the closures of Vikings, Skyway or Mach 5. At some point someone will ask on social media and MW might respond. But that will be it. The ride won’t be touched until they decide on a new attraction. And that won’t be for another couple years.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Over the past few years, they never released a statement about the closures of Vikings, Skyway or Mach 5.

They did for Vikings - https://www.facebook.com/7NewsGoldCoast/posts/the-viking-revenge-flume-ride-at-sea-world-gold-coast-australia-has-been-retired/1097124120386275/

You must have forgotten about the exciting new attraction that replaced it in 2019.

18 hours ago, Smol bean said:

That seems unlikely my guess is that they will announce the ride to close after white Christmas then start demolition then start dropping hints about its replacement late next year then early 2022 they will announce the ride then begin construction and then the ride should realistically if all this happens in that time frame It should  open late 2022 or early 2023 don’t count me on that just guessing 

Dude... please learn the location of a full-stop... and use it at least occasionally.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, themagician said:

I know this is obvious, but I’ve had confirmation from multiple staff members (higher up in the company) that the ride has retired. And multiple options are being explored 

They would of known the ride was on its last legs for some time now. Wouldn't any company find it prudent to have a strategic plan of having a replacement lined up for the inevitable day when it was no longer able to operate/not cost appropriate to keep operating it?

13 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

They would of known the ride was on its last legs for some time now. Wouldn't any company find it prudent to have a strategic plan of having a replacement lined up for the inevitable day when it was no longer able to operate/not cost appropriate to keep operating it?

I'm sure a certain log flume at Sea World would have something to say about that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, themagician said:

And multiple options are being explored 

''Immerse yourself in an All new, all year round attraction like no other in the southern hemisphere! Take a photo, tag ur friends (if you dare) as you traverse the twsited tracks of the abandoned Arkham Asylum. For a small upcharge ($100), guest will be able to harness up and walk the tracks of what was formerly the tallest, fastest and longest Roller Coaster of it's type in southern Queensland. Coming Summer 2021"

10 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

I somehow doubt any companies’ strategic plan accounted for a worldwide pandemic that ripped a hole in the global and domestic tourism industries’ ass....

• Like 1