Jump to content

Arkham Asylum dismantling


Recommended Posts

That seems unlikely my guess is that they will announce the ride to close after white Christmas then start demolition then start dropping hints about its replacement late next year then early 2022 they will announce the ride then begin construction and then the ride should realistically if all this happens in that time frame It should  open late 2022 or early 2023 don’t count me on that just guessing 

 

Edited by Smol bean
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was in the park briefly this morning and saw this. 

Mad Max themed land. Vekoma Mad-house where the WB Exhibit is now. Entrance to the east facing current Arkham station Vekoma flyer that makes use of the space from Superman Escape's hel

Hopefully the Batman ends up in the theming for Batwing.

Posted Images

I doubt they’ll ever announce its closure. Over the past few years, they never released a statement about the closures of Vikings, Skyway or Mach 5. At some point someone will ask on social media and MW might respond. But that will be it. The ride won’t be touched until they decide on a new attraction. And that won’t be for another couple years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, themagician said:

Over the past few years, they never released a statement about the closures of Vikings, Skyway or Mach 5.

They did for Vikings - https://www.facebook.com/7NewsGoldCoast/posts/the-viking-revenge-flume-ride-at-sea-world-gold-coast-australia-has-been-retired/1097124120386275/

You must have forgotten about the exciting new attraction that replaced it in 2019.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Smol bean said:

That seems unlikely my guess is that they will announce the ride to close after white Christmas then start demolition then start dropping hints about its replacement late next year then early 2022 they will announce the ride then begin construction and then the ride should realistically if all this happens in that time frame It should  open late 2022 or early 2023 don’t count me on that just guessing 

 

Dude... please learn the location of a full-stop... and use it at least occasionally.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, themagician said:

I know this is obvious, but I’ve had confirmation from multiple staff members (higher up in the company) that the ride has retired. And multiple options are being explored 

They would of known the ride was on its last legs for some time now. Wouldn't any company find it prudent to have a strategic plan of having a replacement lined up for the inevitable day when it was no longer able to operate/not cost appropriate to keep operating it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

They would of known the ride was on its last legs for some time now. Wouldn't any company find it prudent to have a strategic plan of having a replacement lined up for the inevitable day when it was no longer able to operate/not cost appropriate to keep operating it?

I'm sure a certain log flume at Sea World would have something to say about that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, themagician said:

 And multiple options are being explored 

''Immerse yourself in an All new, all year round attraction like no other in the southern hemisphere! Take a photo, tag ur friends (if you dare) as you traverse the twsited tracks of the abandoned Arkham Asylum. For a small upcharge ($100), guest will be able to harness up and walk the tracks of what was formerly the tallest, fastest and longest Roller Coaster of it's type in southern Queensland. Coming Summer 2021"

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

They would of known the ride was on its last legs for some time now. Wouldn't any company find it prudent to have a strategic plan of having a replacement lined up for the inevitable day when it was no longer able to operate/not cost appropriate to keep operating it?

I somehow doubt any companies’ strategic plan accounted for a worldwide pandemic that ripped a hole in the global and domestic tourism industries’ ass....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.