DC SuperHeroes and SuperVillains 2020

FoolishMortal999

New banners are up on the grand archway and the fountain is now green. Three new experiences have also been announced including: The Ultimate Experience, The Joker Laughing Gas and Exclusive Batman Meet and Greet. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

not sure if it was there last year or its new, but i haven't seen it before, Kids got a photo with batman and they were able to sit in the car, its an upcharge but kids loved it and very cool to be able to hop in the batmobile

Love all the characters roaming, random drive by's  and the extra cosplayers

Not as busy at night as i thought it might have been but that's a plus for me and not so much the parks

Finally got to go tonight! Enjoyed it overall, especially the parade - though some of the sections were pretty dark. Could barely see the Batmobile with Batman.

Superman Escape was running two trains which was awesome to see, plus the water effect on the stairs was working.

Rivals was stuck on the lifthill when I arrived. The train was empty - would have been interesting to watch an evacuation if there was one. 😋

Edited by OgreMagic

15 hours ago, OgreMagic said:

Finally got to go tonight! Enjoyed it overall, especially the parade - though some of the sections were pretty dark. Could barely see the Batmobile with Batman.

Superman Escape was running two trains which was awesome to see, plus the water effect on the stairs was working.

Rivals was stuck on the lifthill when I arrived. The train was empty - would have been interesting to watch an evacuation if there was one. 😋

Was there Saturday and water effect wasn’t working and didn’t look like it has for awhile, so you were extremely lucky to see it working. 

Man, the event just keeps getting more and more lacklustre each and every year. I understand that our parks aren't powerhouse of themed entertainment and are operating on a smaller budget, but it's reaching a point were every element has been regurgitated so much that any fun has been sucked out. Each show seemed repetitive with very little differing from day trade. Wheres the spectacle? Wheres the wow? I was holding out hope that the parade might've offered something unique but what I witnessed was the same as the Day Parade sans Looney Tunes. 

Now maybe I'm a cynical adult, and you might be correct, but shouldn't we be asking a little more from the parks than just the same old things? 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 4:15 PM, Zanstabar said:

Man, the event just keeps getting more and more lacklustre each and every year. I understand that our parks aren't powerhouse of themed entertainment and are operating on a smaller budget, but it's reaching a point were every element has been regurgitated so much that any fun has been sucked out. Each show seemed repetitive with very little differing from day trade. Wheres the spectacle? Wheres the wow? I was holding out hope that the parade might've offered something unique but what I witnessed was the same as the Day Parade sans Looney Tunes. 

Now maybe I'm a cynical adult, and you might be correct, but shouldn't we be asking a little more from the parks than just the same old things? 

Honestly right now, I'd just be glad we even got anything with COVID happening. They probably didn't have much time to really plan a whole new event and are using things from previous events. And of course they would be running on a smaller budget... having several months of no income would certainly not be helping the income. 

Given the current state of things, I'm glad they decided to keep the park open longer and at least offer something different than what their everyday offerings are and that it was a bit better than what I am hearing Dreamworld up the road offered.

• Like 1

Finally made it along to the event this evening. 

the park is quiet due to greater bris being in lockdown which is terrific! 

the green fountain is now yellow which looks kinda strange. 

saw HSD for the first time in 12 months or so. Script has changed a little, and the presenters/hosts wearing masks was a little weird to see. 

They have also gone back to only having 1 group per cart on scooby, whereas 2 weeks ago when last year they’d stopped that and were just filling carts. Thankfully it’s quiet so doesn’t really impact. 

WWF walk on

SDSC 5-10mins

AFF9C819-AC8D-4692-99E8-1848A7B5DA3B.jpeg

F1BBB5A4-977C-4913-9CFB-57BD5BDF64DD.jpeg

• Like 3