Rollercoasters and Music

Jobe

Hey all this has had me thinking for a while. A couple of years back I visited Orlando and went to Universal Studios and rode Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. I was impressed with the ride but I loved the feature that allowed you to pick your own song and style of music as you rode!! I know that there are several coasters around the world that now has this feature, my question for you all is which song do you believe to be the greatest song to play whilst riding roller coasters?

Just for a bit of fun- I will start you all off with what would be my go to coaster riding song and one that is not only entirely appropriate but also gets you pumped and excited to ride!

This is "Last Ride Of the Day" by Finish Symphonic Metal band Nightwish. A most stirring tune!

Of course everyone will be different and will have choices for different reasons!! Looking forward to seeing the responses!

So somewhat on topic. Many years ago (Well before YouTube) I remember downloading a roller coaster video of various roller coasters in the USA, predominantly Florida parks and Cedar Point, that was a combination of on and off ride footage. The soundtrack to the video was Vertigo by U2. Normally I despise U2 but for the video the song seemed to work and certainly when I visited and rode the roller coasters in the video I had the song stuck in my head.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJKostya said:

The soundtrack to the video was Vertigo by U2.

Gave me 'Nam flashbacks to all the WnWS promo videos with the knockoff version.

Meanwhile, when I was dreaming up the park I designed for my HSC assignment, I did manage to come up with a few rides set to ACDC songs. All were set to follow the tune of the song, or be chopped/edited to fit. The main 3 I thought up were: a launch coaster themed to Thunderstruck, a launched shuttle themed to Highway to hell, and an Intamin freefall with an extended runout/coaster bit themed to Hells Bells.