Luna Park Sydney to invest $30 million on major upgrade, new rides

Parkz News

So to summarise the 9 new rides, it looks like.

1-Intamin Hot Racer

2-Gerstlauer Family Shuttle

3-L&T Mini Coaster

4-Samba Balloon

5-Zamperla Discovery Revolution.

6-Midi Ferris Wheel

7-Crazy Submarine

8-Bounce Around 

9-Jumpin Tower 16

Am also looking forward to riding "Commercial Building"

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ugh.  This is awesome news, but now I feel an obligation to go back to Sydney whenever I return to Australia.  Granted, Sydney is an amazing city, but it's just so much more effort to get there on top of every where else I want to go.

But holy smokes, did anybody have this announcement on their 2020 bingo card?

2 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

Absolutely nuts. 
never riden a single rail coaster (except wizards fury don’t think it counts) they look so good 

Wizard's fury isn't a single rail coaster as it is neither a coaster, nor is it single rail. The Bayern Kurve is classed as a flat ride, the train is constantly driven as it always has contact with at least one of the traction wheel devices (although i'm sure that would make an interesting debate!)

1280px-Bayern_Kurve_Night_2.JPG

2 hours ago, joz said:

They've ruined the character of the place by adding non ghetto, quality, permanent install rides.

Weren't we just discussing last week how they were all travellers plonked down ? ;)

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

Thanks to AlexB for this- here is the animation for the new Intamin Single rail launched coaster ...WOW!!!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CH9S41ah5iZ/?igshid=iu6fl1yxfe3z

err, no I didn't...

Meanwhile - here's an Australian park going with a world first instead of cloning the status quo... who'da thought?

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

So to summarise the 9 new rides, it looks like.

1-Intamin Hot Racer

2-Gerstlauer Family Shuttle

3-L&T Mini Coaster

4-Samba Balloon

5-Zamperla Giant Discovery

6-Midi Ferris Wheel

7-Crazy Submarine

8-Bounce Around 

9-Jumpin Tower 16

Am also looking forward to riding "Commercial Building"

I'm not familiar with the gerstlauer shuttle - i got very excited it could have been a vekoma family boomer. bugger.

• Love it! 1

3 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm not familiar with the gerstlauer shuttle - i got very excited it could have been a vekoma family boomer. bugger.

Here's an existing model with a similar layout to the one seen in the picture

It's very similar to a family boomerang though and for what it is its a good quality ride for the families.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Meanwhile - here's an Australian park going with a world first instead of cloning the status quo... who'da thought?

I've been on Gipfelsturmer back in 2018

0e676e219de1a8eb6e31ac6edc5e4af6.jpg

https://www.parkz.com.au/parks/DE/Ruhpolding/Freizeitpark_Ruhpolding/ride/4157-Gipfelstrmer

It's actually slightly wild for a family coaster, very forceful first turn and transitions. I thought it was better than a regular roller-skater of Roadrunners ilk.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yyosh said:

I'm excited, but I don't like the sound of "Luna Land". I'd rather they just keep it as Maloney's Corner.

Screenshot_851.png.8e5e2b9924e21c4d66161c1123908ea2.png

I didn't even notice the counterweight on the Sledgehammer ride till now, looks like it's the 360 inverting version like the paperweight at Aussie World / Stratosfear at Rainbows End.

https://www.parkz.com.au/photo/14762-Stratosfear/gallery/sort/newest/location/ride-2863-Stratosfear/offset/2

a6bfe1a97c72cedc8fdf4cdc36341416.jpg

Edited by Gazza

OMG! Where do I begin. Since Wonderland closed, Sydney hasn't had a major coaster. I can't believe a park in Sydney is bringing the first Single Rail coaster to Australia. 2021 will be the best year for theme parks in Australia. This announcement secures a booming post - Covid tourism market for NSW. Ranger going was sad but this weighs out all of this. Lets look at these  rides: 

6 new kids rides: from the image it looks like a a family boomerang and a loop layout coaster

A massive pendulem ride

The holy grail, a new single rail coaster which is named the big dipper ( again )

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ranger said:

What will the residents think?

I don't think is as visually invasive as the 1995 Big Dipper. And I don't think they're going to have flashing lights on there. But noise will be a certain problem. But it's going to go ahead anyways, no matter what the neighbors think. The NSW Government seems they really want to make sure this happens and stays here. This will certainly be the end of the Spider, at least in Luna Park. I'll be making a video about this topic and gonna try to head on over to Luna Park soon.