Luna Park Sydney to invest $30 million on major upgrade, new rides

Parkz News

37 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

I haven’t heard about the Ranger and Rainbow, do you have more Info on that story? 

There was a bit of talk about it on the thread about Ranger's removal.

On 18/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, Themeparkfan said:

Well the ranger has had a good run from world expo 88 to travelling the show circuit in the early 90s now retiring after decades of service at Luna park a shame it’s being used for spare parts as it’s the only Huss ranger in Aus  but at least it will keep the rainbow operating assuming this is where it being sent 

On 18/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Baconjack said:

Probably is, from my understanding there's at least one unit that exists and quite a good number of Ranger parts such as the drive shaft are compatible with the Rainbow so that makes sense (the irony if it was the ex-Wittingslow one that's getting the parts, the same rainbow that was originally supposed to be at LPS instead of the Ranger). Even despite this it served the park well for 25 years and ran on the show circuit and at Expo before then so the old ranger has had quite a long and distinguished career. It was only a matter of time before it would be replaced, at least the parts are getting some use.

On 16/10/2020 at 6:02 PM, Jobe said:

Rainbow perhaps??? Would love that, if it is true!

Hi there all! I've got some exciting news!

The tracks for Little Nippers is now out and is about to be assembled!

We should see more items for the ride added next week!

There have also been numerous other items for millicianous purposes. Including 2 tall dirillers. They are about how high Boomerang and Big Dipper should be.

Next update will be whenever I get there!

IMG20210227130639.jpg

IMG20210227130817.jpg

IMG20210227130921.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Thats great news man, Hopefully in the next 4-5 weeks we will see some Big Dipper track

You wont though. As reported in the other thread, Big Dipper is part of Stage 2. It will not be opened until December this year. All other rides will be opened by June and that is when the park will be reopened. We just have to be patient and wait a little longer for the new Big Dipper.

2 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Heres just one that a friend sent to me

jsj.jpg

Hehehe...or you got it from a Facebook group where it was just posted? Its ok man, it doesnt really matter but just be honest on where they came from- unless of course you are friends with the guy who posted this?

Edited by Jobe

13 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Shhhh no telling 😂

Yeah thought so. Best to say where pics come from really though. We are all connected in some ways as enthusiasts over various platforms and it’s not cool to rip someone else’s work off and pass it as our own. Just a small acknowledgment is all that’s needed . It’s the fairest way. 👍

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jobe said:

Yeah thought so. Best to say where pics come from really though. We are all connected in some ways as enthusiasts over various platforms and it’s not cool to rip someone else’s work off and pass it as our own. Just a small acknowledgment is all that’s needed . It’s the fairest way. 👍

yeah fair enough 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2021 at 5:47 PM, Jobe said:

You wont though. As reported in the other thread, Big Dipper is part of Stage 2. It will not be opened until December this year.

Still, its a world first, larger coaster than the others, and it does interact with the rest of 'luna land' even just a bit. It isn't possible we'd see some dipper works 9 months before it's scheduled to open?

On 27/02/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jobe said:

You wont though. As reported in the other thread, Big Dipper is part of Stage 2. It will not be opened until December this year. All other rides will be opened by June and that is when the park will be reopened. We just have to be patient and wait a little longer for the new Big Dipper.

Sorry i was actually meant to say 4-5 months just the word weeks was fixed in my head at that moment 😂 

Edited by Coasterlife

On 01/03/2021 at 8:24 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Still, its a world first, larger coaster than the others, and it does interact with the rest of 'luna land' even just a bit. It isn't possible we'd see some dipper works 9 months before it's scheduled to open?

Definitely possible but in my estimation not likely. We may see track arrive by the time Stage One is ready to open but since there is nothing underneath the non inverting loop or sidewinder I am thinking all attention and effort will be on working on Luna Land. Sure footers may be done by then and there maybe preliminary work , but I am betting that track will not appear until after the June reopening.