New Lawsuit against Dreamworld

Brad2912

So despite the mother stating emphatically that this was not the case, despite the fact that Dreamworld’s statement acknowledges the injury, despite the fact that Shine would certainly not be taking the case if it weren’t clear-cut injury... you guys think it’s still a possibility and worthy of speculation?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Richard said:

So despite the mother stating emphatically that this was not the case, despite the fact that Dreamworld’s statement acknowledges the injury, despite the fact that Shine would certainly not be taking the case if it weren’t clear-cut injury... you guys think it’s still a possibility and worthy of speculation?

The only reason I think there has been any speculation in this regard is that the mother also emphatically stated that there was 'blood everywhere'  and the water was 'full of blood' (i'm misquoting, but its the general gist, and I really don't care that much). Now the thing that strikes me is the report I read stated it was the park's (female) medical staff (nurse\paramedic\first aid) that suggested it could have been her period.

Now - I know there aren't many on the boards here, but i've spoken to some ACTUAL females ( 😮 ) who are medical professionals, and their first thoughts on this were that for the amount of blood present to be mistaken for a menstrual cycle calls into question the actual amount of bleeding.

Yes, the injury is a terrible, regrettable injury. I can't imagine the pain involved, both in the incident and the resulting recovery - but the many details we've seen\read about this injury are, at least, inflammatory. By all accounts now, I accept this isn't necessarily an uncommon injury, but the contradictions and inflammatory language irks me. that's all.

• Like 1

Something similar happened to my sister a long time ago at Seaworld when they used to have the water slides.

The injury was similar, but certainly wasn't bleeding everywhere as described in the original article and not once did my parents even mention anything about suing Seaworld for compensation. It was accepted that it was part of the risk of riding a water slide and complete accident. Not sure the same safety procedures and riding instructions were in place at the time (it was too long ago to remember).

I've been following this conversation and think there is something else at play here.

Not denying there is an injury, but if you consider and accept that young people are not always going to follow instructions, and that girls/kids of any age going down these slides will 'cat slide' in an attempt to slow their speed at least several times a week at least (amongst the thousands of kids using these slides),  then one would expect these injuries to occur more often given each person has more or less the exact same ride conditions. 

Logically thinking, it either happens more often and just isn't reported, or this young girl had an underlying issue. 

Either way the truth will come out and I think it is important for the public to know the outcome as many of us have kids and these types of issues relate to their safety and the ability of parents to make informed choices on risk of these rides.

1 hour ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

This reminds me of something that happened at a water park in Philadelphia a few years ago. A guy snuck onto a water slide that was closed for maintenance. He used a 600ml bottle of water to wet the slide. That idea didn’t pan out well for him. 

He broke his vagina too?