Monster trucks at dreamworld

Rabbit2014

MONSTER TRUCKS - THRILLMASTERS LIVE!

In a theme park first, it’s time to watch Monster Trucks roar into action at Dreamworld this summer!

With 3 15 minute action-packed shows daily from the 26th of December until the 10th of January, you’ll see Australia’s best monster truck drivers take on some insane jumps and epic stunts in their world renowned Monster Trucks such as Outback Thunda and more.

They’ll have you cheering and sitting on the edge of your seat for a wheely good time, all included for FREE with your Dreamworld entry.

TRUCK RIDE EXPERIENCE

It's time to rev things up these summer holidays, with an EPIC Monster Truck show and an even more epic truck ride experience! More info and bookings coming soon.

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/what-s-on/monster-trucks-thrillmasters-live/

Edited by Rabbit2014

It just seems like a really odd choice of attraction for Dreamworld given the available facilities.

I've worked entertainment at the Ekka, and the Monster Trucks in the RNA arena are limited in their abilities because of the lack of runoff areas due to the other staging and equipment in the ring. They do four (approx) 90 metre runs in a square shape around the arena. Due to the size, they are limited to small ramp assisted stunts over single cars.

The thunderbolt site has a similar area available, based on nearmap they've got about 100m in a straight line, but it also lacks appropriate seating and viewing areas too (as does anywhere else in Dreamworld, really). I can see them building earth ramps for this - fairly easy to do when theres nothing else going on on the space I suppose, so definitely able to do more than at the Ekka, but even at Ekka these cars aren't the headliners.

Its also hardly the backdrop you'd want in a theme park either - doesn't that back onto the maintenance sheds?

• Like 2

And of course, Dreamworld has to hire one of the dodgiest monster truck companies in Australia.. 

Obviously interstate travel and work is difficult at the moment and a Queensland based company was most convinient, but if they waited and moved the starting date to later next year there would have been much better options available. 

Edited by sansborgor
spelling error

3 minutes ago, sansborgor said:

And of course, Dreamworld has to hire one of the dodgiest monster truck companies in Australia.. 

Obviously interstate travel and work is difficult at the moment and a Queensland based company was most convinient, but if they waited and moved the starting date to later next year there would have been much better options available. 

The GP have no idea who is and isn’t a great monster truck company. 

They also have plans for following school holiday periods with Easter & winter fest. 

what makes them dodgy? Or are they just not your favourite? Dodgy implies not safe or poor practices

Have also spoken to a staff member who said it will be held in the old staff car park that is no longer used.

have to say I don’t know exactly where that area happens to be, she gestured towards the back of the park (corroboree area)  but that was likely an orientation thing as I don’t think there is any land back that way 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

They also have plans for following school holiday periods with Easter & winter fest. 

what makes them dodgy? Or are they just not your favourite? Dodgy implies not safe or poor practices

Have also spoken to a staff member who said it will be held in the old staff car park that is no longer used.

have to say I don’t know exactly where that area happens to be, she gestured towards the back of the park (corroboree area)  but that was likely an orientation thing as I don’t think there is any land back that way 

Probably ‘Car park B’ that was right near by the Big Brother house she is referring to

• Gazza changed the title to Monster trucks at dreamworld
4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I've done work with them before. They have a history of being a bad name to various venue owners across Australia for many years, as well as many event goers. Rumour has it that supposedly the boss treats some workers terribly, to the point of death threats. An example relevant to theme parks would be that they did a show at Aussie World last year which received very negative reviews from attendees.

Personally I don't think it'll be much of a problem in this case. Dreamworld is bigger in the public eye and I think both Dreamworld and the hired company really need the money so I'd suspect everything will go smoothly.

1 hour ago, Smol bean said:

Never thought that site would ever be used again but how do people get into the area do they get in form somewhere near that area inside the park or outside in the car park near that happiness hq office building 

Nowhere near the HQ. The most reasonable entrance is nestled between the old WWW connection to Dreamworld, and the little rippers.

9 hours ago, Slick said:

Presuming they're going to avoid cutting off road access to back of house, in which case, i'd bet money guests will enter the space between "the roller-coaster" and "the concrete that was flowrider".

Unless they make a temporary entrance over the road access. As in gates to that area are only open specific times, which wouldn't fully shut off access.

I wonder what sort of crowd area they're planning - temporary scaffold grandstand? lay down some bitumen and temporary fence? leave it dirt and cancel the show when it rains? timber planks on breeze blocks with every second plank removed (for social distancing and to make it lighter, of course)....

See, if they put a little effort into the crowd area, then the arena becomes something that they can reuse - a day or two of earthworks and they can change from monster trucks to freestyle motocross to livestock muster to fireworks display to temporary inflatable slides over summer - the possibilities are endless... heck they could even put a lazy river in there!

• Like 2

Post some photos after all the forecasted rain over the next 6 days.  🤣

On the usual hot January days I am sure that lots of people will love to stand out in the sun before and during the show.

But I’m sure they will have covered areas for everyone 😂

Another great Christmas holiday event DW, not.

9F3BD37A-3A16-445F-9943-6EF5C41265DC.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

On the usual hot January days I am sure that lots of people will love to stand out in the sun before and during the show.

I'm very eager to hear what your thoughts are about Wet n Wild's BMX shows, since Dreamworld's monster trucks are such a problem?

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Whinge whinge whinge 

blah blah 

• Like 1