Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

5 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Been to movieworld Friday and today (saturday), green lantern ran all day yesterday and still open today.

Wild West falls water sprouts for old fateful are not working again, you can hear them trying but no water in the system. 

Scooby doo ride has no lasers working in disco room.

Old Faithful is working, it’s the first spout on the left that the air jet works but there is no water so you just hear the jet - it’s been that way since it re-opened in spring.

Scooby hasn’t had lasers for well over 12 months, the lighting is cycling as per normal in the disco room, though the ghost train section is substantially darker than usual at the moment 

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Old Faithful is working, it’s the first spout on the left that the air jet works but there is no water so you just hear the jet - it’s been that way since it re-opened in spring.

Scooby hasn’t had lasers for well over 12 months, the lighting is cycling as per normal in the disco room, though the ghost train section is substantially darker than usual at the moment 

Water effects were fully working on my visit in early December.

Scooby had around some lasers type lights in December as well, not the same lasers it had in the past but it did have some working in December, they mostly were used just after the turntable in the disco room.

Edited by Rabbit2014

On 31/01/2021 at 5:19 AM, OgreMagic said:

Saw these yesterday at MW on the right of Superman's pathway. Any ideas?

movieworld.thumb.png.6681a6d8d26931448d849ceaf32b158f.png

23 hours ago, red dragin said:

Transfer track for the Superman train I believe. Allows the carriages to be removed from the building. 

^Spot on. Each carriage of the train is loaded onto one of these dollies so that they can be moved around (as they can't be moved on their rolling stock without a rail).As the pieces are made in the exact same fashion as the actual track, it also allows maintenance to set wheel tolerances before returning the train to the ride.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Visted Movie World today, and found something quite bizarre. Has anyone seen this Arkham Asylum sign before? It's at the enterance to the Arkham Asylum plaza area to the left of Scooby-Doo. I come pretty regulary, and I don't remember seeing the sign there this year. Also, the top of the tower at Arkham Asylum and the sign are underneath the rides lifthill, you can see it if you turn around of DC Rivals lifthill.

Image preview

16 minutes ago, fletch said:

Visted Movie World today, and found something quite bizarre. Has anyone seen this Arkham Asylum sign before? It's at the enterance to the Arkham Asylum plaza area to the left of Scooby-Doo. I come pretty regulary, and I don't remember seeing the sign there this year. Also, the top of the tower at Arkham Asylum and the sign are underneath the rides lifthill, you can see it if you turn around of DC Rivals lifthill.

Image preview

Sorry but we cannot see the photo you have posted, Could you possibly try to send it again?

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Been there for years 

Damn I had no idea. Guess I wasn't looking hard enough.
Another thing, the joker statue by SE is still there. Wouldn't of they removed it by now? And why would they bother keeping the top of AA's tower unless they plan to put it back up after they removed AA.

I guess if there's nothing wrong with it, you don't get rid of it until you know what you're going to do with the space. The facade may be entirely suitable for the new ride \ theme and all they have to do is clad it with the new theme. Or maybe the new theme will be the same, enabling them to recycle all the old material.

I doubt we will see any movement on the site until the new ride is decided and they commence works - easier to demolish and build with the same machinery than to pull it down just to create a greenfields site. (Its a horrible look for guests to have such a large ride SBNO in full view, but I don't really expect any better of VRTP).

And yes, that sign has been there for ages - its just the alley is so rarely open that few people ever go that way.

I've never seen this before, but I've also never looked but SE's cable is super loose just hanging down under the launch track. Also under the covered section of the path to SE are a few pallets with what appears to be new cables for Batwing, just behind the fence.

A lot of cables in that small section.

14 hours ago, zacsta_1997 said:

I’m hoping with the maintenance happening on Batwing Space Shot, and it may be far fetched, but I’m hoping they extend the tower to make it taller, and add the new S&S Spin Shot seats. 

Wouldn't they just be doing the 'in-depth' 10 yearly maintenance where they strip the ride back down to bare bones and rebuild it? (Similarly to what has happened recently with Green Lantern, Jet Rescue, soon to be Road Runner etc.)