Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

hmmmmmm. Maybe I just have really crappy memory cause I don't remember seeing that sign up this year. My mum sometimes tags along with me and she says she doesn't remember seeing it either. Maybe they took it down for a bit then put it back up? I'm not really sure. This is my first time having a season pass in over 7 years, so I really only know stuff from this year...

18 hours ago, zacsta_1997 said:

I’m hoping with the maintenance happening on Batwing Space Shot, and it may be far fetched, but I’m hoping they extend the tower to make it taller, and add the new S&S Spin Shot seats. 
this will bring new life to the ride!!  

DE1F572E-D61F-4214-82EC-BE97729DEC69.jpeg

0333C43F-294D-4791-B3F1-D2CD61440E40.jpeg

I'd actually really love to see something like this happen. It'd beat Dreamworld to the punch with any potential Giant Drop refurb plans. The only concern there would be capacity - losing those four seats might be enough to kill the idea before it gets off the ground.

Just going to rant for a second - Arkham's closed. It's 100% confirmed by park social media teams. Can they hurry up and rip the signs down and put a presser out to make it ultra clear to guests?

It's so contemptuous to expect paying customers to invest heavily into their comms strategy (social media posts, newsletter and their app), but on the other hand are making permanently shuttered attractions look "closed for maintenance." If they want customer buy-in, some respect across the board for guests is in order.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slick said:

The only concern there would be capacity - losing those four seats might be enough to kill the idea before it gets off the ground.

4 across seating is too much capacity.

Lol. Seriously though - do what other parks have done and install a second tower. There's plenty of room for it, and you could diversify your experiences, while also maintaining uptime by staggering maintenance and teardowns.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Lol. Seriously though - do what other parks have done and install a second tower. There's plenty of room for it, and you could diversify your experiences, while also maintaining uptime by staggering maintenance and teardowns.

I'm sure they could do a 4x3x4x3 configuration too, choose between crazy seats or normal seats.

2 hours ago, Slick said:

I'd actually really love to see something like this happen. It'd beat Dreamworld to the punch with any potential Giant Drop refurb plans. The only concern there would be capacity - losing those four seats might be enough to kill the idea before it gets off the ground.

Batwing is a reasonably quiet ride when compared to its neighbours in the DC area so I don't see going to 3x3x3x3 really being an issue there imo.

Provided Green Lantern has been a problem child and nearly killed people, I'd say though that we're being generous suggesting Village would want to work with S&S again on a project like this.

5 hours ago, fletch said:

hmmmmmm. Maybe I just have really crappy memory cause I don't remember seeing that sign up this year. My mum sometimes tags along with me and she says she doesn't remember seeing it either. Maybe they took it down for a bit then put it back up? I'm not really sure. This is my first time having a season pass in over 7 years, so I really only know stuff from this year...

Did you visit during Winter Wonderland? The sign was covered by a Christmas one during the event. Might explain it!

7 hours ago, Naazon said:

A lot of cables in that small section.

Gotta keep your cables somewhere, I guess 

3 hours ago, Slick said:

Just going to rant for a second - Arkham's closed. It's 100% confirmed by park social media teams. Can they hurry up and rip the signs down and put a presser out to make it ultra clear to guests?

It's so contemptuous to expect paying customers to invest heavily into their comms strategy (social media posts, newsletter and their app), but on the other hand are making permanently shuttered attractions look "closed for maintenance." If they want customer buy-in, some respect across the board for guests is in order.

Considering they hung shit on DW for closing a bunch of rides with no replacement, it would be a bit awkward if they announce Arkham before Leviathan opens 

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

I heard there's a nice chunk of land free in the middle of the SE envelope... 

14 hours ago, OgreMagic said:

Superman was testing frequently this afternoon, so hopefully looking good for its reopening date!

and GL was still having issues all day. Not sure what the problems are but I feel it probably should go back into maintenance until it can be figured out. Its also a waste of staff as the 3 Ride Ops just stand out the front of it all day telling people sorry.

• Like 1

Was at the park today. Superman working well after it’s maintenance period, and they have actually fixed the water effect on the stairs now too. Was a reasonably busy day for a weekday. 

Green lantern still having frequent issues and only running two trains. The wait for it for most of the day was around an hour. 

• Like 4

On 03/03/2021 at 3:05 PM, joz said:

Given Doomsday is still closed and assuming annual literally means 12 monthly surely it's good for the rest of the year. Things aren't quite that simple though so who knows.

At what point do you write off that whole ride and themed area?

It's a lot like metre maids in 2021 - beautiful, useless and sticks out like a sore thumb.