Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

35 minutes ago, webslave said:

Yeah, not a great ride.  Precinct well done though.

Agreed - I think the area looks bloody brilliant, but those kinects and the ride just didn't pull through in the end. That and it's in the wrong area of the park. If the ride's cactus, i'd move a lot of theming (like the fantastic fibreglass villains and the well received effects like the water fountains) over to the Superman court-yard and the space outside Justice League. That leaves a nice big open space to pop in a better ride system that better fits the Wild West end of town.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slick said:

Agreed - I think the area looks bloody brilliant, but those kinects and the ride just didn't pull through in the end. That and it's in the wrong area of the park. If the ride's cactus, i'd move a lot of theming (like the fantastic fibreglass villains and the well received effects like the water fountains) over to the Superman court-yard and the space outside Justice League. That leaves a nice big open space to pop in a better ride system that better fits the Wild West end of town.

You're very right.  Surely though they'd have some recourse against the manufacturer for a ride to live such a short life span?

50 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Interesting the lap bars are just a hook rather than a full loop

Not trying to be argumentative - but why is that interesting? Scooby is a simple L-shaped bar - the ride simply has a 'minimum closure' point - where the body of the car + the bar = rider secure. In these pictures, the bar is J-shaped, so while not going all the way back down to the ground (probably because its a tight fit there as it is), the J probably ensures the closure of the harness against the body of the ride vehicle, while suiting smaller bodies who might otherwise slide out of small gaps in the L harnesses that Scooby has...

Considering the ride track itself isn't changing (that we know of) this appears to be a project designed to ensure that all riders are properly secured as the current lapbar stops atop the biggest person's legs (mostly parents) leaving the child quite loosely held. This is perhaps what lead to the increase in height requirements - and hopefully with these individual restraints, this allows them to better secure the smaller kids who used to be able to ride this, so that the height limit can be reduced.

I see an increase in ride ops required due to harness checks on both sides. Hopefully they don't go down the Buzzsaw route and close one entire car to permit the op to crossover.

I know its been briefly mentioned somewhere previously, but how is RRRC the only one in the world with a height limit that high?

From Woodstock at Cedar (91cm) built a year before RRRC, to Hippogriff at USJ (built 2014) all of them that i can find are 91cm. RRRC is 110cm with an adult and 130 to ride alone, but historically it was 100cm, and i'm sure once upon a time it was 90cm also.

Like sure, aus regulations and all, but it just seems ridiculous - even moreso when spongebob isn't that high either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Not trying to be argumentative - but why is that interesting? Scooby is a simple L-shaped bar - the ride simply has a 'minimum closure' point - where the body of the car + the bar = rider secure. In these pictures, the bar is J-shaped, so while not going all the way back down to the ground (probably because its a tight fit there as it is), the J probably ensures the closure of the harness against the body of the ride vehicle, while suiting smaller bodies who might otherwise slide out of small gaps in the L harnesses that Scooby has...

Considering the ride track itself isn't changing (that we know of) this appears to be a project designed to ensure that all riders are properly secured as the current lapbar stops atop the biggest person's legs (mostly parents) leaving the child quite loosely held. This is perhaps what lead to the increase in height requirements - and hopefully with these individual restraints, this allows them to better secure the smaller kids who used to be able to ride this, so that the height limit can be reduced.

I see an increase in ride ops required due to harness checks on both sides. Hopefully they don't go down the Buzzsaw route and close one entire car to permit the op to crossover.

I know its been briefly mentioned somewhere previously, but how is RRRC the only one in the world with a height limit that high?

From Woodstock at Cedar (91cm) built a year before RRRC, to Hippogriff at USJ (built 2014) all of them that i can find are 91cm. RRRC is 110cm with an adult and 130 to ride alone, but historically it was 100cm, and i'm sure once upon a time it was 90cm also.

Like sure, aus regulations and all, but it just seems ridiculous - even moreso when spongebob isn't that high either.

Because I found it interesting? Sorry, I'll message you privately in the future to check if I'm allowed to point out something I find interesting.

• Like 3

That wasn't my meaning, and I apologise it came across that way.

I had seen this earlier and discussed it with others. I had wanted to check what you meant by interesting, whilst also adding some other detail.

Putting all that aside - is there anything specific about it you consider is interesting?

7 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That wasn't my meaning, and I apologise it came across that way.

I had seen this earlier and discussed it with others. I had wanted to check what you meant by interesting, whilst also adding some other detail.

Putting all that aside - is there anything specific about it you consider is interesting?

Most bars (that I've seen or used) are a T or U or L shaped. I can't mentally picture how the extra hook on the J would increase safety. once its passed the "pinning" point on the waist I'm not sure what its doing unless its structural, like in a U bar.

I went back at looked closer and I was mistaken - it isn't even a 'J bar' - its a 'W' or an 'M' - the main bar is between your legs, not to one side as I had thought earlier, and the 'hook' comes out on either side to go over each leg separately.

I'd suggest it is designed with the same intention as Gazza mentioned for the U bars - to keep your legs in - but given the smaller size of the junior coaster trains, they probably couldn't mount the necessary hardware to have a U bar fixed at both ends - so one centre bar per rider, and i'd suggest the hooks are to ensure the smaller riders can't slip out sideways...

• 3 weeks later...