Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

It also seemed that they where having issues with a couple of the led screens throughout the park specifically the HWSD and GL ones. The GL one is not that bad with just that one section very dark. Hopefully they get it fixed fast.

7DECDC0F-7E69-44A1-BF9A-A318CE981559.thumb.jpeg.6e94777b4b1da9e4be8eb29a5ddf0bcf.jpeg

In the stunt driver show the whole bottom corner was backed out with busted and glitchy bits everywhere. The whole screen itself also kept glitching throughout the entire show. Sorry about the crappy pictures the glare from the screen with the smoke didn’t agree with my camera.

A553F1F7-EDD1-4856-B57C-4641C4B363B3.thumb.jpeg.74bbcc120801b45378d1a0ec8ced49cb.jpeg

F350FD55-7DDD-491B-BC4B-6CE0C03524E4.thumb.jpeg.9ff47338236377340990e394c3f5334f.jpeg

Also in the pic above I noticed they cut a chunk out of the facade above the screen allowing you to slightly see the top of the track for the old car jump effect not sure if this is new or it has been that way for a while. Maybe they are doing some prep for a new show or they want to bring back the effect. Also the fireball did not work at all today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gtmichaels said:

Man, the one thing MW does that just doesn't sit well with me lmao. Makes booking a trip up to the GC very difficult sometimes!

the rides that constantly get pushed back (BSS, DD, GL and previously AA) are hardly rides that you would base a trip around however.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

the rides that constantly get pushed back (BSS, DD, GL and previously AA) are hardly rides that you would base a trip around however.

Definitely, however I like to make sure I ride as much as I can if I’m going to have a trip and get my money’s worth lol. If I was a local I wouldn’t give a single damn about those rides lol Dc and Superman are enough to bring me back.

15 attractions? How many months in the year when you minus the Christmas holiday period where nothing is usually shut down? Along with the couple of weeks in September, what does it leave you? less than 9 months to cram all your maintenance work into?

With major rides usually shutdown 7-10 weeks for maintenance, going to have a lot of overlaps there you can't do anything about. It's all well and good to keep adding rides, but in a park with no seasons, you're going to end up with closures of major attractions outside of the peak holiday periods. Unfortunately it means the times when they try to have everything running with all rides open is also the time when you really don't want to visit due to the crowds. 

What is the answer? you can keep throwing more staff at it I guess, increase your floor space with bigger workshops, but managing more than a couple ride shutdowns at the same time has got to be a logistical nightmare juggling the shutdowns with the train / car maintenance that happens multiple times a year after they have completed a set number of laps. What happens if you find something broken or damaged? kind of messes up your whole system / plans. 

There HAS to be a expense management factor given our location and the patronage. If Aus parks had double or triple the yearly attendance, I'm sure they could afford massive maintenance teams and push through all the big attractions virtually at the same time to try limit disruption. But we don't, so you have to work within budgets and try to juggle the schedule as best you can (keeping in mind the new government restrictions mean a ride can't run a day past it's 12 month service interval, so you're kind of bound to last year's maintenance scheduled dates). 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

What is the difference? aren't visitors guests?

I read it as ride maintenance effects both those wanting to ride it (guests) and those who want to go on other rides that have increase wait times due to less capacity elsewhere (visitors).

But it wasn't worded well.

Schools back today!