Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

Given that the bubble only started today, and the first quarantine-free flights departing Aus didn't land until lunchtime (I can't find any flight times for NZ origin flights to BNE or OOL), I doubt any NZ Bubble flights arrived early enough this morning that folks went straight from the airport to movieworld en masse..

• Like 1

I’m at movieworld today and crowds are huge, between 1 and 2 hour waits for all rides that are open,seems family’s all decided that kids can have the day off.

batwing is complete again with ride vehicles sitting on tower, it may open earlier than the 7th may. 

superman is still only 1 train with the line outside and near the joker statue.

doomsday appears to be fully back together and maintenance working on it(control room) so it hopefully it will finally reopen soon

wild west falls - all effected are working again including all water sprouts at the back of ride

• Like 3

After making a quick visit to Movieworld and riding Superman, it's been discovered that one of the trains for Rivals (or what looked liked) are within that little maintenance area to the left-hand side of the launch track (indoor). Found it while speeding past during the launch.

Not sure if its been posted earlier or if youse have already known, but I just thought I'd share.

Edited by Im Hungry

That's fair I guess. My vision must've blurred because it was during the launch sequence. But I really positively thought I saw a disconnected Rivals train in there... Maybe it was a dismantled Superman train. I didn't see any other colour except for black seats and grey as well as steel checker plates there.

I remember during the most recent school holidays, one of the staff members told me (when Rivals was open and only operating one train during three-hour waits) that the second train wasn't in the Rivals maintenance bay, but in fact, somewhere else within Movieworld - that's probably what lead me to think the above statement.

Does the little maintenance bay/s within the Superman footprint (next to the launch track) get utilised by other attractions? I remember seeing a few Green Lantern carriages there during the Christmas holidays...

Edited by Im Hungry
  • Like 1

Personally never heard of maintenance bays being shared given each ride  has its own, I’d also imagine each maintenance bay is custom to the track for that ride. 

im no ride engineer but I would imagine the specs for track width etc would not be identical across different rides and manufacturers so essentially a train wouldn’t really connect to another maintenance bay? And with no transfer track they’d have to be craning them from one attraction to another as well... 

Edited by Brad2912

4 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

For whatever reason I believe Superman’s is a more general maintence bay. Have definitely seen GL trains there, and JL cars when I did the Star Tour.

So maybe there is possibility that it was in fact Rivals in there... The features of the train were somewhat easy to distinguish because some of the flood lights (or whatever lights they have in there) were on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, themagician said:

I don’t think they would have a rivals train in the super man maintenance bay. Rivals has its own maintenance bay, so what you saw might have just been the superman train 

To be clear - Superman's "maintenance bay" slash transfer track, visible halfway through the dark-ride section is primarily a storage and inspection area you can clearly see while on the ride.

What @Im Hungry referred to was not the superman storage area - but the area next to the launch track as has been mentioned. If you're on the left side of the train, and you look to your left - and down - during launch, you can see them. This area was used for the Green Lantern cars a few months ago too.

I have seen Superman trains in the maintenance sheds behind WB Kids, and its quite a tight space, it must be nice to have such a roomy workshop below Superman to work on all the coaster trains.

9 hours ago, themagician said:

I’m very curious to know how they move a coaster train across the park. It seems like it is possible and something they do. But what system and how do they do so? Do they seperate each carriage and move them individually? 

They have dollies. I think in most cases this is how they are shipped from the manufacturer, so its kind of like keeping the original packaging for when you move house... Depending on the design, the dolly is lined up and the car is slid onto it, or they remove the upstop wheels and crane it across. Some dollies are designed for forklifts (the below one has slots for forks on the other side) and others are on their own castor wheels to be rolled around.

Kennywood Reveals the Pittsburgh Steelers' Themed Vehicle for  Record-Setting Roller Coaster | Kennywood

• Like 3

Went on Superman today and it definitely looked like the Rivals train was in the matinence room, all disassembled and spread about. Even during a launch the Mack style is easy to spot! 😜

Doomsday was testing frequently. Noticed no activity on Spaceshot.

Screenshot_20210501-172651_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Lukevl said:

The hypercoaster was originally down until June 26 so that is a rapid maintenance period. 

Green lantern still hasn’t been added to the virtual queue even though it is open. 

It was removed from VQ just before the holidays.

Im guessing because it is operating at reduced capacity (two trains).