Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

Bit late to the party but the power outages were caused by Load Shed. Which basically means the power grid turned you off on purpose to reduce the load, so bit of a crapshoot as to if you lost power or not.Β 
Β 

They did this because the frequency of the grid started to drop and to prevent further power station trips (disconnection from the grid) they had to shed load to get the frequency back up.Β 
It’s my understanding the initial trip at Callide also led to a trip at Gladstone which obviously made things worse.Β 

On 27/05/2021 at 7:30 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Keen to hear what your sparky mate has to sayΒ 

Β 

Generally, speaks alot of rubbish πŸ˜‚Β 

On this matter though, he said it sounds like you have a potentially (no pun intended) dangerous situation.Β 

Solar inverters should shut down if the network drops out. The reason being, say Energex crews are doing routine maintenance and cut off the power to your street. They now start working on what should be safe cables, only to receive an electric shock because your solar inverter is powering the network without their knowledge.Β 

Solar inverters need 240v supply to work. Thats why when power goes out, the inverter switches off and nobody is at risk of you feeding the grid.Β 

Only way around this is battery system which has an automatic changeover switch that disconnects the house from mains when failure happens, or by using a generator (which also should be wired using a changeover switch, not just plugged into a power outlet and backfeeding the distribution box for the house).

If you had power, you either still had mains supply and didnt lose power, or you have a big problem somewhere and you need an eletrician to check it out before you kill someone.

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

I went to MW today. Dommsday still down, with no visible works happening.

SE was working well, with all effects working including water on stairs.Β 

WWF was working well with all effects when I went on it in the morning, but closed after lunch due to technical difficulties. Unsure if it ended up re-opening.Β 

GL is back to only running two trains, making the operations seem even slower. Β No Audio on the trains again.Β 

Rivals and Scooby both running normally with everything working.Β 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Retardent said:

It's beyond mental how both parks can't get their shit together on a few rides.

I think, as we heard from Dreamworld yesterday, the change in government requirements for all plant over 10 years to have a teardown is probably causing a little havoc with their maintenance schedules.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

We rode the dc rivals today but had to beΒ worst experience I have had on it, it was very rough and bumpy the whole ride. Don’t know if it cause of track condition or the trains wheels. It’s a shame cause it was a lot smoother when I last rode it in January and it only recently had it’s maintenance done.

1 hour ago, Im Hungry said:

No differences made to Rivals track over this years maintenance period. The experience is all the same. Smoother than AA ever was at least...

Not for my ride today, my ride was more rougher than Arkham and dc rivals today felt like the wheels weren’t round and as a local who has ridden it more then 40 times, it’s normally a very smooth ride. I’m there tomorrow will see if it any different.

Hmm... I usually tend to have a rough experience on rivals whenever it's a light train (when there's empty seats here and there) and I'm front or back seat... Especially at the helix.

More logically (I think) however, maybe the rails were wet (coz it did rain lightly today) and caused some of the wheels to lose traction and essentially skid its way around the layout (similar idea as to going to a playground and turning the spinning cogs or hopeless boat wheel as fast as you can thenΒ it starts to vibrate and shake uncontrollablyΒ causing it to lose speed).

Edited by Im Hungry
Rivals went skrrt skrrt

19 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Not for my ride today, my ride was more rougher than Arkham and dc rivals today felt like the wheels weren’t round and as a local who has ridden it more then 40 times, it’s normally a very smooth ride. I’m there tomorrow will see if it any different.

Rougher than Arkham? That's a bold claimΒ 

On 26/06/2021 at 4:53 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

We rode the dc rivals today but had to beΒ worst experience I have had on it, it was very rough and bumpy the whole ride. Don’t know if it cause of track condition or the trains wheels. It’s a shame cause it was a lot smoother when I last rode it in January and it only recently had it’s maintenance done.

dc was pretty smooth today but is currently only running one train which is made even worse with terrible operations…..