Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Ridiculous that WWF is down until mid December. If it needed the best part of 6 months downtime for the new restraints they should have planned it to be down May - October  

What about all the other work they normally do too? I would not at all be surprised if changes have to be made if new boats are coming, plus all the testing that probably has to go on before it can open. Its a pretty significant change in ride operation getting newly designed boats with restraints.

If you look at what was closed during april to july, they probably couldnt suffer another major ride closure either. How many rides can you work on at once, and how many shut before you might as well close the gates for a down season? Some would argue village were already at that stage recently with more than half the park shut for a significant amount of time. 

Queensland parks don't really have seasons is the issue though, it's pretty much just from holiday period to holiday period. The peak seasons are probably the september school holidays and the end of year holidays after christmas. That 3 week period into the new year is probably non negotiable, so december is the deadline. 

Trouble is, you can't just make up a schedule with any times you want. With the new government controls in place, you cant exceed the time frame between maintenance intervals. So, say you closed superman for annual maintenance in march 2020, come march 2021, the ride has to close again for yearly maintenance based on the interval. If you want to change the schedule you have two options, close the ride earlier, changing it's yearly rotation, or let the ride sit closed until your maintenance is completed later than the previous year. It has a knock on effect to other rides you might not want closed either. 

When you throw in deliveries for major changes, covid and problems with traveling around the world, unexpected ride breakages/failures, and anything else that seeks to completely mess up your planning, there probably isn't much scope for making major changes to your schedule without something being sacrificed. Given the choice of keeping wild west falls closed through later months due to extended works being done, or potentially having to close another major attraction for an extended period of time so you can alter the schedule; there's probably less impact keeping the ride closed and just sucking up the guest complaints about it being shut than there is permanently changing the maintenance schedule for maybe 2 or 3 rides just to cover the extended down time. 

I 100% agree with what you are saying, but I know there are probably more things going on behind the scenes than we are aware of that results in scheduling like it does too. Even if its simply down to maintenance budgets only allowing a certain number of employees so your hands are kind of tied with what shutdowns you can manage together due to the workload. A superman may work with a doomsday, a wild west falls with a scooby doo, or a green lantern with a batwing, but a superman and a green lantern, or a superman and a wild west falls might be impossible to manage. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Queensland parks don't really have seasons is the issue though

For everything else you've said, you've missed the entire point. 

Wet Ride. 

Open in Winter.

Closed in Warmer months. 

Forget 'peak park seasons' and just think of 'Annual Seasons' - spring, summer, autumn, and finally - times I don't want to ride a water ride.

I get the whole 12 month cycle thing. honestly, it sucks that that's where we're at, but its good because it ensures we don't get slack about inspection intervals. 

But you could bring the water rides forward  in the schedule 2-4 weeks every year until they're lined up with May-August periods. This would impact the dry rides you've had to shuffle, but only by a fortnight to a month at a time, and only one at a time. If other rides complement the maintenance cycles of specific rides, shuffle them too. A little bit at a time rather than all in one hit.

Go back over the forums and you'll see many times, every year every time water ride maintenance comes up, people have cried foul both park chains for having water rides closed in summer and open in winter. its a no brainer, and this stupid schedule needs to change, purely from a guest satisfaction point of view.

I think with something like an upgrade it's not as simple as 'Do it in winter'. If the boats aren't available, you can't do it till later. Not saying that's why the timing is what it is, but just that there's more than meets the eye. The Storm closure has always been silly though, fingers crossed that does change this year. Having your most popular water ride closed in summer is no good.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Im Hungry said:

Someone should move the birds nest in the top-middle of the non-inverting loop. The amount of times that bird keeps flying away and back from the nest every 5 minutes as soon as the train rumbles past...

is the nest in the framework on the underside  of the track? The train passes on the top so clearly the nest isn’t there. 

Pretty sure moving the nest would a less favourable situation for the bird. 

its illegal to move a nesting bird unless posing a high safety risk, which I’m assuming it isn’t

6 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

Someone should move the birds nest in the top-middle of the non-inverting loop. The amount of times that bird keeps flying away and back from the nest every 5 minutes as soon as the train rumbles past...

Reminds me of the one that used to sit in the Superman top hat. Every time the brake fins lowered on the launch it would fly away... and once the train finished the ride it would fly back. Was there for at least 2 years... used to be entertaining when working batwing to watch it (Something had to entertain you... Batwing was honestly one of the most boring rides to operate. I actually preferred to work the kids area as it was variety!)

16 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

is the nest in the framework on the underside  of the track? The train passes on the top so clearly the nest isn’t there. 

Pretty sure moving the nest would a less favourable situation for the bird. 

its illegal to move a nesting bird unless posing a high safety risk, which I’m assuming it isn’t

Ah I see.

Yes, the nest resides in the framework on the underside of the track.

Just pointed it out coz the bird has to fly back and forth between cycles. Hope when the chicks hatch neither of them get smashed by the train...

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

Anyone know why this is?

77A49E7D-BEA9-432E-A08F-67E52B08AAD5.thumb.jpeg.0302824d9f609b3496c63299b7c4042b.jpeg

And should someone remind management that the rides closed and they need to remove this sign

854ACA94-6BB8-4729-91F4-ABE3BAAF1A26.thumb.jpeg.3c3d8ce7f67b6e224f04c366b586f4ab.jpeg

The Arkham sign was briefly removed but it keeps on coming back 

Just now, MWgirl247365 said:

The Arkham sign was briefly removed but it keeps on coming back 

And I’m not sure about the superman thing but I assume the 2nd train is out of action 

Just checked my old photos and yes the cactus 🌵 were around the roadrunner rollercoaster before it’s refurbishment 

E5C24017-9D4E-4CB1-A0A7-BC45D594BB5A.png

46B8DF23-7253-479C-8417-604B729FA185.png

• Like 1

I remember one of the SE trains was essentially rebuilt not that long ago. Perhaps its the other train's turn to get the upgrade? Either way I've never seen it run with both trains outside of summer holiday peak so I don't know why a sign would be there in September.

Edited by Baconjack

6 hours ago, Baconjack said:

I remember one of the SE trains was essentially rebuilt not that long ago. Perhaps its the other train's turn to get the upgrade? Either way I've never seen it run with both trains outside of summer holiday peak so I don't know why a sign would be there in September.

Yeah I don’t think superman second train has been used since sometime last year, but that sign seems to be brought out during the holidays when there are bigger crowds while the second train is not used.

13 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Yeah I don’t think superman second train has been used since sometime last year, but that sign seems to be brought out during the holidays when there are bigger crowds while the second train is not used.

Superman's second train was active during Winter holidays.

• Like 1