Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

On 27/08/2021 at 10:13 PM, Brad2912 said:

Likely then to need a loader on the other side of the boat unless they plan on stopping the boats to load. 1 person Checking 8 lap bars while the boat is in motion seems unlikely 

After a good chat with some ride attendants at Movie World today, it seems highly likely that boats will stop on the loading platform. Apparently there's a second loading platform being built too (don't take my word for it). Attendants will load and presumably unload two boats at a time while the conveyor belt remains motionless during the process.

16 riders (2 boats) per dispatch I guess.

Edited by Im Hungry

8 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

The parks might as well be seasonal at this point considering how many months of the year so many of their rides are not running, this goes for Dreamworld too. I swear when I lived on the Gold Coast back in the day it never used to be this bad...

they never had mandatory 12 month legally obligated inspections before. in the past, they could shift things a few weeks back or forth to compensate for things, but now, 12 months expiry is set in stone

• 3 weeks later...

The new trains for Road Runner look pretty good I must say. The harness can be a bit uncomfortable for those who are tall or have long/large legs, but it's fine. The lift hill soundtrack needs a bit of work, but it's alright for what it's worth. The sound of the train rolling around is pretty smooth, but it can be a bit rattly once onboard. The final brake run has indeed been updated to use magnetics, helping the train slow down gradually and keep rolling into the station without a forceful stop and start.

TL;DR I much prefer the new trains over the old ones.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...