Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

last time i went down to MovieWorld, Rivals had around 7 seats down and 3 minute dispatches if lucky, Doomsday around 8 seats down with 5 minute dispatches, Superman broke down around 3x and Green Lantern had a pretty lengthy breakdown too, we ended up giving up and going to Dreamworld, were taipan’s trains were ready to dispatch when the train hit the final break run, both sides of Giant Drop running and even Gold Coaster had pretty fast dispatches…. MovieWorld really needs to try and sort these issues out before the crowds come in. 

• Like 5

I was just riding DC Rivals about 10 minutes ago, row 5 left seat, don’t know which train and the clip that holds the back cover of the seat broke. Luckily there was a little rope holding it so it didn’t fall off but still a frightening experience. Tried to get a picture but the employees wouldn’t let me. As of now it’s just done a test run.

Update: they’ve transferred the damaged train off and I believe will reopen tonight with just the one train.

Update 2: tried to get ride photos and unfortunately couldn’t due to the people in front of me doing “inappropriate actions”

Movieworld lowkey getting a bit stingy on their rides ig, but what more can they do if the apparent issue is to be blamed on supply chain issues? Through my eyes, things are starting to feel a bit rushed as well (in terms of rides and attractions).

Doomsday never had ALL seats active when the ride reopened after a lengthy downtime.

After who knows how many months, Rivals' second train STILL doesn't have all seats active - let alone any backwards seats.

Green Lantern - don't even 💀

Superman seems to be the only strong thrill attraction going. All seats active on one train with consistent dispatches between cycles.

Is anyone able to confirm whether or not the second train for Superman has been brought out yet? On my last visit as a guest on Tuesday, the second train was seen with open harnesses from Batwing within its maintenance area.

Edited by Im Hungry

i feel like the park needs to close for some sort of off season this year, even if it’s a one time thing, and just sort everything out, catch up on all maintenance and just to get the park back up to speed with everything, cause in its current state it’s falling apart as we speak (in some cases quiet literally, with the back of one Rivals seat covers popping out)

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 1

Speaking of maintenance... Went on Scooby the other day. The screens in the elevator were mixed up; big Scrappy appeared on one of the side screens instead of the front screen. It was also out of sync (as usual). Next Generation was a mistake.

5 hours ago, fletch said:

I was just riding DC Rivals about 10 minutes ago, row 5 left seat, don’t know which train and the clip that holds the back cover of the seat broke. Luckily there was a little rope holding it so it didn’t fall off but still a frightening experience. Tried to get a picture but the employees wouldn’t let me. As of now it’s just done a test run.

Update: they’ve transferred the damaged train off and I believe will reopen tonight with just the one train.

Update 2: tried to get ride photos and unfortunately couldn’t due to the people in front of me doing “inappropriate actions”

Sorry to hear that. That's unacceptable. Never thought I'd be start worrying about safety standards at Movie World of all places.

6 hours ago, Rivals said:

last time i went down to MovieWorld, Rivals had around 7 seats down and 3 minute dispatches if lucky, Doomsday around 8 seats down with 5 minute dispatches, Superman broke down around 3x and Green Lantern had a pretty lengthy breakdown too, we ended up giving up and going to Dreamworld, were taipan’s trains were ready to dispatch when the train hit the final break run, both sides of Giant Drop running and even Gold Coaster had pretty fast dispatches…. MovieWorld really needs to try and sort these issues out before the crowds come in. 

Dreamworld's operations have been indeed been fantastic the last couple weeks. Let's hope this is the new norm and they won't slip back to old standards!

Edited by OgreMagic

On 18/12/2021 at 7:49 PM, Thrill Seeker said:

Possible we see GL go down for a couple of days. One of the compressed air tanks exploded tonight.

16 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

Superman had an electrical fire tonight with QFES attending. Will see if it is open tomorrow.

Last week you said GL had an explosion and this week SE has a fire. Do you work at the park or just a guest at White Christmas who got to witness these things 

14 hours ago, Thrill Seeker said:

Superman had an electrical fire tonight with QFES attending. Will see if it is open tomorrow.

Did you see the fire? 

because

QFES do random inspections all the time making sure business are compliant with fire regulations.  It’s the biggest job QFES do.

or

Most fire alarms QFES respond to are unwanted alarms.

Edited by New display name