Movie world Maintenance 2021

Brendo88

Nobody saw an Electrical fire. How even would you? 
Just the same as nobody saw an EXPLOSION at Green Lantern. 

Pretty much the same garbage as when someone tells you the story of how they got electrocuted one time, which is baffling how they are telling that story if they are DEAD

3 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Not a huge amount to report, test seat outside the ride. Boarding gates much like a coaster, water is currently clear.

Ride didn’t feel any different with the new boats, although some reports have stated they were moving to no loose items onboard this is not the case.

Some of the effects are still as they were prior to closure. New spash trough prior to the water tower appears to have been built but was not functional. 

57ACD6C1-3859-4F7A-9516-6FD00A4CBAE1.jpeg

470ABF40-500F-4264-848B-5A5A60307AA9.jpeg

AFF681D9-FBFA-4FDC-A93E-8764A50630CA.jpeg

F507AE73-D3B0-4D4C-A866-7E387C7A1533.jpeg

LOVE the old time saloon doors !!

2 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Heh. Some of you are pretty quick to call someone a liar when apparently they did have a fire, but it wasn't actually part of superman, just something park related that was behind the fenced off area.

if someone says it was at superman, they were there and happened to witness it then yes, they are lying.

The other day I burnt toast at work and it set the alarm off. The whole building was evacuated and the fire Brigade antended. Moral to the story; nobody cares and nobody cares if there was or wasn't a fire regarding superman. It does not seem to have affected the ride as it is still open. 

2 hours ago, Levithian said:

It was at superman and it happened during park open hours, so yes, people would have seen it happen. 

in your first comment you said it wasn’t at superman but actually in one of the fenced off, off limit areas of the park, yet now you’re saying it was at superman? chile make up your mind on what the story is before commenting

• Like 1

I’m surprised to see so many fountains in this thread. This is the first I’ve read on Parkz but I had heard this same information through an offline source.

minor, no need for sensationalism, but legitimate fire occurred and I’ve heard it from enough reliable sources now to be satisfied that something small did occur.

im yet to hear anyone confirm this exploded air tank at GL though.

So I went on WWF this morning and there is actually a lot more changed than you might be expecting.

Firstly, the queue line is the same, but as we’ve seen in images the station has had some major changes. Because of this new loading procedure, it makes the queue much much longer. Especially when there was an hour queue for Scooby and the ride has issues so closes and everywhere goes to ride WWF instead. For some reason they wouldn’t open the extended queue and instead had the queue out the door going towards WB Showcase.

The boats themselves are a bit smoother, but are very restricting for the legs because of the harness system. Any larger people who have ridden it in the past might have a very high chance of not riding it anymore because there isn’t much leg room anymore.

AB77C6CB-25C2-470C-920D-731247F64C63.thumb.jpeg.8400073cc8af2636aac2089952fa6265.jpeg

3E46A916-CD67-495B-A405-428715610D0B.thumb.jpeg.9df82cc8f154bde8acc7445cd72d1aec.jpeg

There are a lot more handrails throughout the ride was access as well.

Not sure if this is new, but there is a wooden crane that slightly moves before the first lift hill (you can see it between the trees)

1844B2C3-9DBD-4F67-8582-E31703863063.thumb.jpeg.2a839fa7f64753fa42f603ceea5c5f4e.jpeg

There is no longer a staff member at the turntable where you go backwards. Instead there is a bright light and a camera. There is no video or sounds in that room anymore either, so it’s very ‘meh’ when in there.

The water effects at old faithful sort of work again. 

The train and tribal area effects are working.

The tombstone and population effect sort of works. They both do their thing at the same time, but there are no sound effects for it.

The village has become very very meh. Nothing happens except for the final railing ‘breaking’. There are no sound effects, doors moving, etc. 

The sound pouring out the water tour happens, but no sounds effects.

The final lift hill is a bit quieter and smoother, but no sound effects at all. The man with the gun projection is there, but no sound.

At the top, nothing happens either. Doors open and then the drop. 

Some signage throughout the ride has been repainted and/or replaced too. All the sounds throughout the entire ride and queue have been updated, but they have removed a lot of them. And the ones they’ve removed I feel like are very important because it was very very quiet in the areas where there isn’t any sound. In the queue audio they also refer to the ride as the Wild Wild West adventure. 

So overall it’s great they’ve replaced the boats so they can keep the ride operating, but the rest of the ride is just getting worse. Every time the ride gets a refurb, it gets worse.

Edited by themagician
  • Like 2

I hadn’t been on the ride in a couple years, so maybe they aren’t as new as I thought.

Along with Scooby having issues this morning, GL was closed all morning being tested. Rivals was either having issues or was very slow operating because I didn’t see it run all morning. And Doomsday remains closed. 

14 hours ago, themagician said:

There is no longer a staff member at the turntable where you go backwards. Instead there is a bright light and a camera.

Aww, so many people loved to wave at the op in that booth

12 hours ago, themagician said:

This made me laugh as well

59062C8F-6D41-45F9-A930-11C71FD53806.jpeg

Oh cool, they brought the Harry Potter Platform 9¾ exhibit back

4 hours ago, Levithian said:

It was in the fenced superman area, but it was park related and didnt impact superman the ride. 

Could've just said it like that the first time 🎢

Not surprised to see Doomsday is still down for maintenance, but I'm keen to try the new boats on WWF soon. Will be most looking forward to how much quieter the lift hill will be...

Edited by Im Hungry