Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

2 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

Triple Vortex, The Wedgie and Fully 6’s slides 2&3 reopening dates have been pushed back the the 1st of April. Interesting that the Wedgie is among the slides closed since the other two had incidents while I don’t think the Wedgie did. Pandamonuim is still scheduled to reopen on 3 February.

Wedgie was closed due operational/logistics issues with queue separation with Covid when they implemented the queuing one ground level. Simply not enough room to have 3 separate queues down there and manage people queue jumping from Green Room to Wedgie once on the tower

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tail Spin pushed to the 26th April, Shockwave pushed to the end of July and Dronkeys is pushed back to the end of April. Triple Vortex and Fully 6’s slides 2&3 won’t be reopening until at least after its seasonal closure. Several of other attractions had been pushed make a week or two probably because of the recent flooding.

• 2 weeks later...

Not particularly maintenance related but just noticed something whilst checked DWs maintenance page to decide which park to take my son to today (btw don’t bother with DW half of everything is closed). 

but they appear to have added weight limits for all their rides, where previously I had only seen them on slides.

escape from Madagascar now lists a max weight of 90kg. I’ve been taking my son on this ride for 5 years, I used to be quite heavier than I am now, but am now too heavy to go on it? Seems a ridiculous weight limit. Has anyone seen it they have installed weigh-plates like they have at WWW at the rides entry? 

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Not particularly maintenance related but just noticed something whilst checked DWs maintenance page to decide which park to take my son to today (btw don’t bother with DW half of everything is closed). 

but they appear to have added weight limits for all their rides, where previously I had only seen them on slides.

escape from Madagascar now lists a max weight of 90kg. I’ve been taking my son on this ride for 5 years, I used to be quite heavier than I am now, but am now too heavy to go on it? Seems a ridiculous weight limit. Has anyone seen it they have installed weigh-plates like they have at WWW at the rides entry? 

I last rode escape from Madagascar January 2020 and I was 105kg but there was no weight limit. It’s a shame cause I have always rode with my kids but that looks like it won’t be happening from now on.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Coming next year will be the written test you must complete before you're allowed on any ride. 

4 hours ago, themagician said:

According to the website, 4 things are closed. That’s the same as MW. So don’t bother with MW either 

Not looking good for next week either with ride still closed then as well. Wonder how busy they are as well with all the restrictions still in place for some states. 

5 hours ago, themagician said:

According to the website, 4 things are closed. That’s the same as MW. So don’t bother with MW either 

Yesterday the following was closed at DW

MDMC

Pandamonium

Shockwave

Escape from Madagascar 

Tailspin 

for a family group and that is a massive closure list and only leaves rides for toddlers, or high level thrill rides with the exception of Sky Voyager. 

Movieworld had closures but still has rides across all the main groups. Families still have WWF, Scooby, Road Runner, and the thrill seekers still have SE, Rivals and GL

• Like 4

On 02/04/2021 at 9:53 AM, Brad2912 said:

I’ve been taking my son on this ride for 5 years, I used to be quite heavier than I am now, but am now too heavy to go on it? Seems a ridiculous weight limit.

Ditto - i think this might be due to the claw-style shortened seatbelts on the trains.

• 1 month later...