Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

SV is still closed today, but BS at least for the moment in operation.

in other news DW is moving to no physical annual cards too like VTP. We renewed during the week and went it today and whilst they’ll give you a card if you really want it, they want people using their mobiles and soon won’t be an option. 

And Pandamonium has just broken down whilst we are in queue. One of the arms won’t move into “home” position so they can’t undo the harnesses so everyone is stuck on the ride while they wait for maintenance 

DW had an app, it was rubbish though. 
hardly a need for virtual queue except in peak times.

it’s a beautiful sunny Sunday today and the longest wait has been 15mins and that was because of a ride stoppage, and despite having numerous rides out of action. 

MDMC, EFM, TS have been walk on basically all day 

2 hours ago, TimmyG said:

They also sell or have sold Marvel Merch, along other things they don’t have theme park rights to, as I said I wouldn’t read too much into it.

If the merch isn’t “trolls - at dreamworld” branded, then there isn’t anything to see here. 

They never had a marvel precinct though, did they?

37 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Is Dronkey back?

I just can't shake this feeling like maybe the dreamworks agreement is coming to an end...

I'm not sure i agree. Typically contracts would be on a year-by-year basis, right? Dreamworks opened in March of 2012, t's almost June 2021. Would it be normal for an agreement to end at a different time of the year to when it was instigated?

If the agreement truly is coming to an end though, that's a massive blow for the park. It's easily the best kids area in Australia, both attraction wise and theming. Hopefully something decent enough would be lined up to replace it..

1 minute ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I'm not sure i agree. Typically contracts would be on a year-by-year basis, right? Dreamworks opened in March of 2012, t's almost June 2021. Would it be normal for an agreement to end at a different time of the year to when it was instigated?

Extensions, early exits, change over rules ect could mean not a classic, March - March.
Additionally, opening does not mean when the contract was dated from.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Yes this is fairly common, June is a popular time to end a contract as it is the end of the Australian Financial Year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, themagician said:

The contract I’m fairly sure was for 10 years, so that takes us to March 2022

That's assuming the agreement commenced when the area opened. Its unlikely they'd have been allowed to commence the themeing work without already having an agreement in place. 9 months or so from signing to have the necessary theming \ changeover sounds about the right amount of time too.

ETA: The generic versions of all the rides in the Dreamworks area closed from January 2012 for the changeover, so they would have had everything inked prior to then. The below thread also has the February press release. This wasn't just slapped together in a month. 

I've no idea if the licence was 10 years or some other period, but if it was 10 - then whether it be June 21 or March 22, that time is nearly upon us.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

28 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

Welp, well this is it for Dreamworks then.

I wonder where shrek will you turn up next? He’s been to Wonderland, Movie World and Dreamworld.

Movieworld to lose the DC license and DC Rivals to be repainted Green and Brown and called Escape From Sherks Swamp - The Hypercoaster.
Green Lantern will be repainted tones of black and grey and called  Duloc Traveller
Justice League: Alien Invasion to be re-themed to the Dragon Keep scene and renamed Shreks Fiona Rescue.
Batwing Space Launch will be renamed Donkey and Dragon Launch

I think thats enough.