Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

1 hour ago, Retardent said:

Turns out everyone has short memories. If enthusiasts looked through Parkz articles over the last few years they'd see It's the same old same old. But Because everyone's beloved Greg Yong is at top dog it looks like it is all smiles and roses.

Nah, we've been shitting all over DW and will continue to do so. The difference here is that DW decided to make some form of acknowledgement and apology. They make a good move, they get praised. They make a bad move, they get shit on. It's pretty simple honestly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Credit to dw_goldenyears on instagram for these images but TOTII is finally commencing with removing the tunnel 

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.19.40 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.20.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.19.47 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.19.54 pm.png

Great to see they are now removing the tunnel too. While the park will have a lot of empty areas, removing everything old that doesn’t need to be there is great progress. If they get rid of Blue Lagoon, that’ll be the icing on the cake 

14 hours ago, Retardent said:

- And by maintenance do you mean the Dreamworks license ending? Saying maintenance is definitely being "upfront about the current maintenance situation."

Yeah you got me - I misquoted myself  (and now I can't find the original post) - but my main point was not to say nothing. Be upfront about what's happening and tell folks - sure, if the licence is ending, but if it isn't, explain why so many rides are down right now (which they did) so the end result is the same.

13 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Nah, we've been shitting all over DW and will continue to do so. The difference here is that DW decided to make some form of acknowledgement and apology. They make a good move, they get praised. They make a bad move, they get shit on. It's pretty simple honestly. 

Pretty much this. I'm no dreamworld fan boy and never have been. You can go back over my history and you'll see i've got a distinct preference for village parks. 

But I call it how I see it. Not everyone agrees, and that's fine - the forum is for sharing differing opinions and debating the merits of them. I'll admit seeing Greg head over there did give me some hope we'd see Dreamworld compete with Village again, but until recently, I felt like he'd been kept on a leash. Recently some things changed, and we're starting to see small things. And any change for the better has got to be good, and worthy of praise.

I'm realistic enough to say it won't happen overnight. I've not been the biggest fan of some of Village's decisions recently either - but the Hooray for Hollywood efforts at bringing some movie magic back into the park and dispelling the 'DC World' stigma is also a great step in the right direction, and regardless of which group you think is better, it's exciting right now to see them both taking strides forwards and trying to better themselves.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure whether this has been discussed already, but a lot of the train track between Main Street station and the TOT station building has been ripped up (image source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpk0oAvh9JA&t=1034s). At first I thought it was surely just collateral damage from TOT demolition, but in the video it's suggested that the train will be rerouted directly along the former path of the TOT launch track with Main Street Station and the Level Crossing being moved essentially alongside MDMC. I know this is purely speculation and seems unlikely due to the pure amount of effort, but the removal of that additional track seems to support the theory. I think it would make sense considering Dreamworld's recent efforts to clean up parts of the park, plus it would fill that awkward space between ST and MDMC leaving plenty of room for new path space. Regardless, if true it'd be incredibly sad to see another part of Original Dreamworld History go if the original Main Street Station is no more.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.01.03 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.17.06 pm.png

I don’t think the track has been removed, but instead they’ve just put gravel over it to allow for the machinery to move down that path. And just to clarify, there is no track in that second image, the track is behind the trees to the left. I don’t think we’ll say any track modifications through here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, themagician said:

I don’t think the track has been removed, but instead they’ve just put gravel over it to allow for the machinery to move down that path. And just to clarify, there is no track in that second image, the track is behind the trees to the left. I don’t think we’ll say any track modifications through here.

Ah of course, that makes perfect sense RE gravel to protect the existing track. Thanks for clarifying! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

ahhh! is it getting the ol' rocky hollow whiplash bar too?

Nope.  they already have the choking seatbelts.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

I've been told they are adding a perspex roof to each seat.  True.

Maybe I should have put this at the end /s.  I forgot this is Parkz😂

• 1 month later...