Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

31 minutes ago, themagician said:

And the Claw just reopened after extensive maintenance. Hopefully they all do reopen at the end of the month, because Ocean Parade is too quiet and doesn’t have much going for it. 

Claw was down all day Sunday when I went. Was surprised they didn’t mention it on the website or on the “rides closed today” sign at the entrance. Wonder what the problem was? 

Dreamworlds ride information page can sometimes be a mess. Sometimes when the expected reopening date for a certain ride passes, the ride either returns to the open rides section with it’s maintained dates still there or they get removed completely. Typically when the dates aren’t removed when the expected reopening date passes, it’s closed. Also The Gold Coaster was scheduled to enter maintenance in a few days but is has thankfully been pushed back to November. It would be very disappointing to have only 3 thrill rides open considering the park a few years ago could have up to 9 open.

17 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

What improvements would you be expecting? 

1 minute ago, JoshiYomanto said:

A decent launch?

I guess I am just more suprised to see its still there tbh. I remember the second half of the layout being so uneventful and slow you are basically crawling by the time you hit the brake run. 

I felt that if it had an increased launch speed and sharper transitions it would actually be a decent coaster. Definitely dreaming here but even if they had renovated it to include a second launch into a more intense layout similar to jet ski rescue. 

I will forever be salty about this ride, its such a damn cool concept that was so poorly executed imo. 

6 minutes ago, JoshiYomanto said:

A decent launch?

The launch is just fine, it’s the design of the track the eats the momentum up too quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

guess I am just more suprised to see its still there tbh. I remember the second half of the layout being so uneventful and slow you are basically crawling by the time you hit the brake run. 

No doubt that 3/4 of the ride is uneventful. It’s still very popular, but more so as a family ride and a “step up” launch coaster for younger kids. It’s not what it should or could have been, but it has its place