Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

The BRO pushed back to December 2, Shockwave pushed forwards to December 10. Fully 6 slides 2 and 3 appear to be opened? Can any confirm? Slides 2 and 3 along with Hydrocoaster and Triple Vortex are missing from the maintenance page.

A21EBD4B-D41F-4849-BB02-67369E745E01.thumb.jpeg.9a760594b4200b3f866c63b7752abffd.jpeg

Also the swimwear requirements for Fully 6 have been added to the website.

18 hours ago, New display name said:

More like the burqa @joz.

DW can't even bring themselves to say it.

They do say Burkini though - which is the swimwear version of a burqa, so not sure what you're suggesting?

I find it interesting that 'hooded rash vests' or other head coverings aren't allowed, but slap religion on the front of it and its perfectly safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch. Steel Taipan's opening could be scrutinised if this continues on. This summer school holidays is very important to perfect (possibly the most important summer) as it could determine the parks future. If people visit Dreamworld to experience the new Steel Taipan but find out that the rest of the park is in bad shape (closed/dormant rides, food and shopping outlets and attractions), they probably won’t return. First impression is very important to perfect as we have seen. Considering how small Dreamworld's attraction line up is now, there is very little room for error.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vidgamer said:

Dreamworld's Maintenance lately is very poor.

The Claw now delayed until December 19, Tail Spin until November 28th, both were 'scheduled' to open this weekend. They always wait until the last minute to extend the maintenance.

Yeah, i'm two minds here - i'd prefer them to be cautious on dates and reopen earlier as a surprise if they get it done sooner, but with shipping issues all over its really had to plan anything. 

I feel we had similar discussions about Villages maintenance dates being extended willy nilly not too long ago, end of the day there isn't much they can do if the parts don't arrive.

14 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah, i'm two minds here - i'd prefer them to be cautious on dates and reopen earlier as a surprise if they get it done sooner, but with shipping issues all over its really had to plan anything. 

I feel we had similar discussions about Villages maintenance dates being extended willy nilly not too long ago, end of the day there isn't much they can do if the parts don't arrive.

Hence why Shockwave has been closed all year. It is a shame when all the rides except Gold Coaster are closed in an area of the park because it does make it feel like an entire area is closed. But you’re right, DD and GL at Movie World had maintenance delays due to the delay in parts arriving 

23 minutes ago, New display name said:

When you see 2 rides not running and not being worked on people start to think cost cutting.

If I remember correctly, we were thinking cost cutting over at village at the time too.

Just because nobody is within the ride envelope, it doesn't mean it isn't being worked on 'back of house'... and besides, if everything else is done, and they're just waiting on *crucial part* what else do you want them to do? give a guy a broom to sweep the floor every day to make it look like they're busy?

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If I remember correctly, we were thinking cost cutting over at village at the time too.

That's why the parks need to communicate with guest better.  I would bet your house on it that DW knew weeks ago these rides would have their maintenance period extended.  What is the point of a maintenance page if a guest can’t rely on it?

2 hours ago, themagician said:

They should play a sound track of workers using tools, so it sounds like they are working on it 

At least Shockwave has a massive welder parked next to it so you know some major repairs are going down.    The Claw and Tail Spin don’t look like anybody has even touched them the entire time.

Edited by New display name