Dreamworld Maintenance 2021

Coasterlife

36 minutes ago, themagician said:

- Brought back Dive n Movies 

This one is a lot bigger than just "brought back"

Like they had to install a massive new screen, and one that can handle full sun (which it does).

I mean yeah advertisement $$ on the screen would help but im sure maintenance of it isn't cheap, especially when a block of pixels dies.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

And WB Studio Showcase. 

And any ride refurbishments (Superman, WWF, RoadRunner). Unfortunately they have the Scooby refurb to their name too.

Well no you can thank the CEO of another park for the complete joke that was Scooby Next Gen. 
It’s the current CEO, COO and GM that at least three a bunch of money at the disaster a few years ago to try and get some life into the disco room, unfortunately then Covid happened and they weren’t able to prioritize the rest. 

There is also an entirely new philosophy to managing the company in a positive way, and we forget the millions of dollars Dreamworld cost VRTP as a result of all the changes they had to make after DW when and killed a bunch of people. Millions that could have been spent on new attractions otherwise. 

Not to mention the biggest investment ever for a new show at Outback Spectacular a few years back, an asset the old management were almost happy to just let die. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I believe that was Tim Fisher. Clark came on in May 2017. I know Greg (who I believe was GM at the time) also had a major role in the attraction 

Greg was only ever the GM of Movie World so he is not responsible for Atlantis no matter how much people would like to believe anything good him- anything bad Bikash. 

17 minutes ago, rappa said:

Not to mention the biggest investment ever for a new show at Outback Spectacular a few years back, an asset the old management were almost happy to just let die.

The new show is the worst OS show I have seen. 

OS tried to one trick pony it with its projection mapping and forgot about the rest of the show.  A bit like what happened to SD.

26 minutes ago, rappa said:

Greg was only ever the GM of Movie World so he is not responsible for Atlantis no matter how much people would like to believe anything good him- anything bad Bikash. 

It strange don't you think that even though he wasn't the GM of SW he was the face of SW.

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

The new show is the worst OS show I have seen. 

OS tried to one trick pony it with its projection mapping and forgot about the rest of the show.  A bit like what happened to SD.

Well not really, they completely changed the style of the show, the first time really since first opening. Some will like the change and some won’t, everyone has opinions, doesn’t make you wrong and they right, or vice versa. 

As for comparing the projection between Outback and Scooby, that’s a bit like saying a Wacky Worm and DC Rivals are the same because they are roller coasters. 

I wasn't comparing the projection between the 2.   I was saying they both went for the projection angle.  With SD I would have asked for my money back. 

OS projection is great but the show sucks compared to earlier shows.   

The shows feels like HWSD2 on horses.  People can check out reviews for themselves but from what I have seen, people who have watched earlier shows preferred them.  When I went at the end of last year on the way out you could hear a lot of people saying they preferred the earlier shows.   

You're a visual genius so I get why this show is up your ally.

I think there is a balance between the two that would be right, and the current version isn’t quite that, so 100% see your point of view. 
I could think of a few things I’d change right now that I don’t think work at all. And whilst a really solid story, it lands a little bit too depressing for me. 

Having said that I’d take 90% of this show over the last one with a random circus scene plonked in the middle with a plastic elephant ;)

For me, less death and a bit more audience interaction and it would be a 👍 from me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rappa said:

I think there is a balance between the two that would be right, and the current version isn’t quite that, so 100% see your point of view. 
I could think of a few things I’d change right now that I don’t think work at all. And whilst a really solid story, it lands a little bit too depressing for me. 

Having said that I’d take 90% of this show over the last one with a random circus scene plonked in the middle with a plastic elephant ;)

For me, less death and a bit more audience interaction and it would be a 👍 from me. 

This... I got some serious Moulin Rouge vibes of that show. While I don't think the current one is perfect (it is a bit depressing if you ask me) it's technologically much better than all the others. If they can get the story that little bit better but keep the upgrades we could be onto a big winner with the next show.

I haven't been in a while (and we're getting a bit off topic here but need to ask) - is the show that's running the same one they launched that had Mark Mitchell as frontman?

The big appeal of that show (for me) was to see Mr Fish, Con and so much more on the big stage one more time (I never got the chance to though) and then he parted ways and the show kept on without the star power?