Bluey at Dreamworld

gavinfulikes

BLUEY AT DREAMWORLD!

Make new memories at Dreamworld this summer, with unforgettable new experiences throughout the holidays.

Bluey and her little sister Bingo will be appearing at Dreamworld for two weeks, from 26 December until 10 January, for real life.

More information and bookings for meet & greets coming soon.

2 hours ago, red dragin said:

Saw on one of Bluey groups there will be a booking process to meet and greet the characters. 

That's a good call. Dreamworld's doing the right thing and managing guest expectations there to make sure they're not turning away hundreds of kids a day who waited in line for a chance to see Bluey.

I'm hoping they still keep a few slots open each day (like Apple do) to make sure some walk-ins and unexpected booking mis-haps and whatnot can still be accommodated.

Edited by Slick

56 minutes ago, AlexB said:

That's probably a good idea, since the last one was something about 'making fully six memories'...

Yeah I didn't get that. Why use the billboard to advertise something people can see almost at the same angle from the highway which was purpose built to be seen from the highway to begin with?

Maybe they were going for a '3d' image? (its a joke guys, settle down).

Nah, the only logic i could arrive at was to reinforce that the thing you were seeing was 'new' - by reinforcing it with a billboard.

But yeah, the logic on putting it on a billboard that was literally sitting right next to the thing was just dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

In the initial announcement at the top of this thread, it did mention 'bookings' as part of it.

As I understand it, they also have a bluey show, similar to the paw patrol or westfield stage offerings. While those types of things previously had a meet and greet after, we're in a new, covid world. (Plus i've seen the crowds Dreamworld gets for The Wiggles). $20 isn't a super unreasonable cost to place a limitation on the number of people who book to maintain distancing and limit demand. Its the same reason why Rivals backwards costs $15.

Sure, they're probably gonna upset some folk, but they're also going to make some folks happy that they aren't queueing in a major crush of parents and crotch goblins in the heat waiting their turn in a line 3 hours long.

I remember trying to do character photos of Shrek when he first appeared at Wonderland. The licencing arrangements (or the greedy retail managers, not sure which) stated only park photographers photos were permitted. Parents were not permitted to take their own photos. This increased the sales of the park-produced character photos, which I understand covered the licence fees costumes and set constructions. This pissed a lot of parents off, especially after waiting in the queue for as long as some of them did. This is (IMO) a better way for them to handle that expense and demand.

No different to Movie World only allowing you to meet certain characters or groups of characters together if you pay for one of their photo packages... will be interesting to see if it ends up like the Movie World M&Gs where the characters stand around awkwardly meeting no-one, or if these sessions will actually sell out.

23 hours ago, Lukevl said:

In the email blast today it says to actually meet Bluey costs $20. Outrageous when they were at Westfield Coomera in Jan for free. dreamworld will upset a lot of people with that decision. 

Considering that it costs, at a minimum $24.95 (for 2, 4x6 standard photos), for photos with Santa at my local Westfield this year $20 for photos with Bluey seems quite reasonable in my opinion.

7 hours ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

No different to Movie World only allowing you to meet certain characters or groups of characters together if you pay for one of their photo packages... will be interesting to see if it ends up like the Movie World M&Gs where the characters stand around awkwardly meeting no-one, or if these sessions will actually sell out.

The advantage of pre-booking is if no one buys any for that day, they can just keep them out the back or put up some signage saying there's spots available to book in-park.