Skyhawk

T-bone

Now where onto a topic about the SKYHAWK. I read somewhere that it was stored in the "Graveyard" with Fred Flinstones Splashdown for 5 years until it was bought by FLYCOASTER in Surfers Paradise in 2003. I have had no luck e-mailing Flycoaster as they will not respond. 1) Where was the Graveyard? 2) Why did it close? 3) Has the ride opened at Flycoaster yet? 4) If so has anyone got Pictures? 5) Has anyone seen the ride in Construction Stages at Flycoaster? Thanks

I saw it a couple of weeks ago there. It wasn't in operation for the 5 days I was up there, but looked as if construction had finished. Also, I thought Funtime owned those rides (Sling Shot, Sky Coaster, Vomatron etc.) and the surrounding attractions around the site (King Tutt's Mini Put Put), not Flycoaster?

1) Where was the Graveyard? The graveyard was over the back of Beastie, behind the helipad and trees. it could be seen from Zodiac, Skyrider and Beastie 2) Why did it close? it was second hand already and very rusty. the inside of the structure required massive reinforcements... not to mention it was a crap ride. 3) Has the ride opened at Flycoaster yet? not that i know of. 4) If so has anyone got Pictures? i have pictures of the demolition of the ride at the WL site. contact me for copies 5) Has anyone seen the ride in Construction Stages at Flycoaster? no

Why would Flycoaster want a ride like that? I personally always enjoyed it to an extent but no one else ever did. It didn't provide many thrills. I can still remember the ad for it from when I was little. It had a guy and a girl who took a ride on it and then walk away with massively stretched necks into the sunset. The ad appealed to me which was why I always had an affection for the ride. Aaah, those were the days. Hard to imagine there was a time when Wonderland used to build new attractions and even spend money marketing them

read somewhere that it was stored in the "Graveyard" with Fred Flinstones Splashdown for 5 years until it was bought by FLYCOASTER in Surfers Paradise in 2003
The ride, if I can remember correctly was removed in late 2001/early 2002 around the similar time as Flume so to suggest it was stored for 5 years is absurd! Before we post from erroneous sources we should check the validity and usefulness of such sources. Then again, that would cut about half the posts on these forums..