Dreamworld Trip Report - Summer 2020/21

themagician

On 02/01/2021 at 3:53 PM, Whombex said:

The wooden structure on the right - I'm having a hard time placing what it used to be part of...

As @joz mentioned it was a footbridge that  started just before Hollywood House, went over the railway, turned right, and went down into Rocky Hollow. It was superseded when Giant Drop opened because it wasn’t wheelchair friendly and The Sanderson Group  thought they could do a better job. 😂 I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I’ve heard someone say they’ll eventually fix spaghetti junction. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slick said:

As @joz mentioned it was a footbridge that  started just before Hollywood House, went over the railway, turned right, and went down into Rocky Hollow. It was superseded when Giant Drop opened because it wasn’t wheelchair friendly and The Sanderson Group  thought they could do a better job. 😂 I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I’ve heard someone say they’ll eventually fix spaghetti junction. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The fun part will be seeing what remains of it after Taipan opens. Since they've had to remove some of it for construction. We could see the jankiest iteration of spaghetti junction.

4 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

The fun part will be seeing what remains of it after Taipan opens. Since they've had to remove some of it for construction. We could see the jankiest iteration of spaghetti junction.

Is it bad that I kinda hope they make even more of a mess of it... Just to see if it's actually possible!

13 hours ago, Spotty said:

Is it bad that I kinda hope they make even more of a mess of it... Just to see if it's actually possible!

Unless they actually repath GD, it's going to be a mess because half of it will just be hanging in the air with dead ends and 1 entrance/exit that is right next to their SBNO log ride

First school holiday visit to DW today. 

crane in the car park lifting some ST pieces around.

I’m usually quite defensive of DW, but they get a solid F for operational planning. Some of the decision making is just amateur hour at best. 

the monster trucks whist an unique attraction in theory just hasn’t been executed well at all. 

To have zero shading available for the show whatsoever, and expect people to go in 30mins prior to sit in direct sun on metal benches that were easily 80+ degrees - we were lucky we had towels in our bag. I’d say at least 30-40 people left prior to it even starting. 

the show itself only goes for 12-15mins, and is in one word - boring. 

then we get to WWW, where for some god awful reason they’ve decided to have the queue lines for green room and Hydrocoaster on ground level rather than utilising all the tower stairs, only letting roughly 10-12 people on the tower for each queue at a time. The outcome being instead of queuing in the generally shade of the tower, you are now queuing in direct sun, no shade, burning hot floors. A 1.5hr wait for Hydrocoaster and only 10mins of that wait was on the tower stairs itself. No communication, at one point HC broke down, line didn’t move for 15mins, but no one came along to tell people there was issues, only way we found out was people coming down the tower who told us as they tried to push through to get out. 

no idea what is going on, but they really need to rethink what they are doing. 

7ECF7CFD-CBA9-4230-A078-A08EE89533E6.jpeg

C947693B-B8FB-4C94-84FB-9A4D7034CDD9.jpeg

74C0FB6C-6C97-4A90-9877-9EC8C39C060B.jpeg

• Like 5

They should’ve definitely installed some temporary shading. Why they didn’t surprises me. 

And for WWW, was it because of social distancing reasons. Maybe they’ve been told they need to manage the queues spacing and that was the solution because people aren’t capable of doing it on the stairs. But they should be setting one some gazebos of some sort to help with shading 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themagician said:

And for WWW, was it because of social distancing reasons. Maybe they’ve been told they need to manage the queues spacing and that was the solution because people aren’t capable of doing it on the stairs. But they should be setting one some gazebos of some sort to help with shading 

There was zero social distancing in the queue on ground level, no markers, painting, signs or communication from staff to social distance. 

QLD is in its best space Covid-wise with 4 months since community transfer, there would be no mandate surely to change queuing structure or capacity on towers, there wasn’t even markers on the tower anywhere once you were released to get up there. 

It’s just crazy and poor execution 

• Like 2

I agree that the monster truck show is just horrible in every way. The seating, the heat, the horrible preshow entertainment. The show itself was boring and they only used the main dirt jump once at the end of the show. What a waste of money... Could've been put towards anything else and it would have been better spent.

• Like 1