17-7-04 Update

Slick

Before we start, I just want to say that while they have made media releases on what I am about to say, this should still be kept only on these forums. Reptar- Well after that cherry picker that hit it that wednesday morning (or it hit it), the front carriage has now been removed, and now they are forced to always have people on it while its moving, so, when they test Reptar every morning, they have at least 40 bags of potting mix sitting in the station :cool: , that's just disgraceful, plus they've replaced the Vekoma plaque with the TV! Thunderbolt- no, i'm not talking about the actual coaster, but i've been able to go through the station and they now have the seats and other parts and they are all sitting there, in the station, plus, the hydraulics are sitting under mesh under the Cyclone and some of the platforms etc. are sitting with the the old seating and stuff under that building near the ThunderBolt station. Plus the themeing has been confirmed for the Claw, and apparently looks excellent from what I've been told by Mark one of the admin. at Dreamworld. More information about the theming will be apparently released during August. And as I found out, The Claw could be an E-ticket attraction, but I can't say too much about future attractions that cost 15 mil. plus :D Cyclone is just plane crap. Simple. The old paint from LPS is coming through, everything is fading, from track to themeing, and well, the is just to much headbanging on the OTSRs. Tower Of Terror is starting to get a bit rough from the rear of the pod, plus some of the bushes on the way down the track are getting really close, which is not a good thing at 130 kilometres half way down and that it no longer even reaches the point its not supposed to (see in photo). WipeOut, is well, WipeOut, and everything doesn't work. All well, so you again next week Dreamworld......

Thanks for the update Slick. Did you find the second fan turn on Cyclone brutal? I sure did. I'm also not sure on what you mean by The Claw being an "E-Ticket Attraction". Do you mean that The Claw will become a part of the Big 5? Why can't you say much about future attractions? Will your season pass be terminated or are you trying to secure a "trust" with Dreamworld in hope for a future job there? Do they even know who you are here? There's nothing to lose, spill the beans :) Also, has any more parts for The Claw arrived at Dreamworld yet?

E-Ticket Atrraction?..... I don't see how you can call Cyclone rough.Compared to Thunderbolt,that's nothing,but I dont recomend putting your hands up during the ride.If you think the paints wearing through on Cyclone,take a close look on Corkscrew's corkscrew.It's black rather than white.And what the hell is a Fan Turn? I really don't understand how you can theme something called the Claw.What's there to go with that?A futuristic theme maybe,but ToT taken that.Sort of. But I agrre Cyclones theming is crap...

Okay, the story of Reptar..... It was 6:00am or so on Wednesday morning during the holidays and they were doing the Reptar testing while they were doing work in Nick Central using a Cherry Picker. Well as the report showed, Dreamworld DOES NOT check the track before opening and today wasn't different. So as it swooped down after completing the first 360 degrees of the 400 something degree circle the front seats collided with the cherry picker and the front seats were obliviated and the cherry picker had just over 300k's worth of damage. Coates Hire, who owned the Cherry Picker, pulled out the Cherry Picker that day and told the media that they were not doing any construction work with Maqcuarie every again. This was dreadful news for Maqcuarie as Coates Hire supplied all cranes for their Industrial work. But I guess it's alright, they have now signed a contract with SkyReach, which is actually a bigger crane supplier than Coates Hire, and now I'll be able to get all the dirt on the theme parks even before it comes into fruitition. That's how I picked out the news with how Dreamworld withdrew that 15 mil. loan. And what I mean by an e-ticket attraction (I think) was that The Claw will actually be a distraction for something much, much bigger. Think TOT big as some very expensive booms have been ordered. Nice.

Slick, E-ticket is actually quite the opposite of what you've suggested. The E-ticket name was one dating back to the early days of Disneyland where, simply put, rides were separated into five different classes from A to E. A were the smallest or most simply attractions, while E were the major attractions (Matterhorn, Space Mountain etc.). A filler attraction would be the best way to describe what Dreamworld are doing with this new ride, in the same way that Wicked Twister was built for no real reason other than for the park to maintain its attendance etc. until Top Thrill Dragster.

with the paint issue on cyclone im sure that its getting close to the time they shut down for annual maintenance and i wouldnt mind betting it would get a repaint it then as for tower it could need to be down for maintenance as well for a bit, last ride i knew they were doing was log ride. who knows which one is next :D

Just a note, the cranes on site today were not Skyreach cranes, but Gold Coast Cranes. And one of the company's semi tralliers was also there with small parts for either the ride or the weights for the cranes. All the large supports have disapeared from the outside of the park, but may be inside the park, as I did not enter today. I hope that Rabid will have pictures to confirm this on the site by tomorrow night. If not I am sure that he will let us know when.