Jump to content

What is this? - Dreamworld


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I was looking on google maps and found this, it appears to be some sort of volcano themed... something near the buzzsaw and the old studios location

I was wondering if anyone knew what it is

 

(I took the image from qimagery as they have newer birds eye view images)

thanks!

BB575B48-873F-480A-9BC7-68AD6873FE31.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, themagician said:

That was the old waterpark, Blue Lagoon. It was closed and some what removed when WhiteWater World opened. The volcano was the tower of slides and the slab you see is where the pool was 

huh, cool! seeing as everything around it got demolished I wonder why they’ve chosen to leave it

Link to post
Share on other sites

It took years from them to remove a number of attractions that had been closed and left untouched. Eureka and the Skyway  station remained for years because there was no real reason to remove them. There were no plans or opportunities for them to remove them yet. The same will happen with the log ride. If they don’t need the land yet, just leave it and remove it once they have plans. Much cheaper doing it that way. It just means there is an eye sore in that area of the park 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To add on, I personally think that if you leave those attractions untouched in a themed precinct (queue buildings, flora, props etc) it just adds more to the theming in the area as a whole. To my knowledge there's been barely any well-known events of trespassing into SBNO areas so safety wouldn't be an issue either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^we call that 'doing an AndrewH' so its not uncommon, but is still rare.

Leaving things that are nice to look at, that don't permit access to ride envelopes or the like is fine. Queue buildings that are abandoned may not be structurally sound however - and one day could just come right down.

Disney has left several 'disused' items throughout some of their parks as theming or tribute to the old attractions, but always in such a way that they are guest safe, and totally inaccessible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2021 at 11:51 AM, AlexB said:

^we call that 'doing an AndrewH' so its not uncommon, but is still rare.

Leaving things that are nice to look at, that don't permit access to ride envelopes or the like is fine. Queue buildings that are abandoned may not be structurally sound however - and one day could just come right down.

Disney has left several 'disused' items throughout some of their parks as theming or tribute to the old attractions, but always in such a way that they are guest safe, and totally inaccessible.

True, but Disney went on and built major new and better attractions. In real terms, DW has gone seriously backward....obviously, the TRR tragedy put all the negatives into horrific overdrive. The new coaster, whilst poorly located, is a significant investment, but the park needs to offer more....ie a major new water ride. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RobMac said:

True, but Disney went on and built major new and better attractions. In real terms, DW has gone seriously backward....obviously, the TRR tragedy put all the negatives into horrific overdrive. The new coaster, whilst poorly located, is a significant investment, but the park needs to offer more....ie a major new water ride. 

A new water ride would be good, but it couldn't be anything similar to TRR, otherwise the GP might not take it too well...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fletch said:

A new water ride would be good, but it couldn't be anything similar to TRR, otherwise the GP might not take it too well...

The public will be fine. It's the media that'll kick up a stink. I can guarantee that whenever ST is on the news this year, TRRR will be brought up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.