VRTP Operating Hours (WnW Reduction in-line with WWW)

ThemeTendo

Operating Hours at Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast

image.thumb.png.275c7a3b4a5ecfa58603bbd451a5bc04.png

Monday - Wednesday the park will be closed.

Thursday operating as it has normally during off-peak (10-3)

Friday-Sunday normal operating hours.

I will be surprised if they keep Wet n Wild open through Winter this year. It struggles through winter on a normal year, and during those years there's always plenty of debate on why it's open, I'm sure there's plenty more support for that debate this year. All I'll say on that debate is that you're extremely lucky if you get close to 1000 people (a day) through the gates, there are many days where 10% of that is hard to reach.
Good weather days during the holidays are exceptions to the 1000 people rule, but they don't justify months of operation.

---

Opening Hours - Plan your day at Sea World Gold Coast

image.thumb.png.dd2aaa8a957e94ec45396bcc7b4ad330.png

Warner Bros. Movie World Gold Coast operating hours

image.thumb.png.ff236fe605719658f8c36ceb153fb328.png

I'm expecting that both Sea World and Movie World will reduce weekday operating hours through winter as well. Especially noting the conservative date ranges currently shown. (and once this happens, Dreamworld will obviously follow suit; if they don't announce it first)

---

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if COVID sees our parks completely adapt their operating schedules. Weekend operation of our main parks, Seasonal operation of the water parks. There are plenty of logistical issues with that, especially with contracted and salaried workforces. So it's not super likely to happen, but I can't say I don't see them moving closer to it.

I know most of you are going to jump to "That doesn't make any sense, plenty of people still go to the parks during this time." As enthusiasts we have to understand that what we THINK makes sense, and what actually makes sense, are in many cases very different.
Reducing hours means that you're increasing density of guests on the hours/days you're actually open, which means you're far better justifying the minimum number of staff you're required to have there anyway. Doesn't mean it'll feel any busier, especially without international tourists being here, and it goes without saying that a large majority of locals spend far less than interstate and international tourists, which is the part everyone seems to forget when talking about operating hours.

this is all talking about off-peak, I'm not suggesting they'll change anything during the peak September-January season.

Edited by ThemeTendo
Clarity

I don’t expect MW or SW to move to an off-peak model with mid week closures or reduced hours. 

My understanding is both of those parks have a far greater PT/FT employment mix than WnW, and a reduction of hours potentially will see them paying large amounts of wages/salaries to staff when the parks are closed. 

the current hours listed to end March makes sense as the 1st of April is the first day of the Easter holidays for most (2nd April is Good Friday), so I wouldn’t read into the short date range pointing to an hours reduction.

With the GC council and state tourism board pushing hard for interstate travellers, killing dates just harms their business and wouldn’t be supported or encouraged. It would also severely  limit their ability to fell multi day passes as well when they have closures.

just don’t see it happening 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...