Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

1 hour ago, Coasterlife said:

Also not sure if anyone has noticed this but there seems to be 2 trains for Big Dipper, A red and a blue one unless this is just for the concept photos only 

6BFA8922-BAC2-48AB-A051-B6BA23FDBD4F.jpeg

52A9DE5F-0DED-41CE-8F97-92BAA78F1251.jpeg

The ride could run three trains theoretically if the launches are blocks although that'd require some very fast operations. Hopefully LPS will run two trains on busy days.

Something funny I just noticed in your screenshots is the train on the non-inverting loop in the concept art is going the wrong way! 

7 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Also not sure if anyone has noticed this but there seems to be 2 trains for Big Dipper, A red and a blue one unless this is just for the concept photos only 

6BFA8922-BAC2-48AB-A051-B6BA23FDBD4F.jpeg

52A9DE5F-0DED-41CE-8F97-92BAA78F1251.jpeg

Yeah this was mentioned and noticed  in the other post on launch day. Given that the train only holds 7 riders and the fact that this will probably be the most popular ride in the park, its a given that Luna Park would have and need 2 train operations. Not too sure about having 3 trains though- not 100% sure given the shortness of the ride if this is possible and it would probably be overkill , to be honest.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jobe said:

Yeah this was mentioned and noticed  in the other post on launch day. Given that the train only holds 7 riders and the fact that this will probably be the most popular ride in the park, its a given that Luna Park would have and need 2 train operations. Not too sure about having 3 trains though- not 100% sure given the shortness of the ride if this is possible and it would probably be overkill , to be honest.

There looks like there would be 3 block zones on the ride from what I can see off the layout (the station, the main layout, and the turn after the final brake run) so I'd be expecting 2 trains to be ordered and not any more than that

Even provided LPS gets less foot traffic than let's say for example MW (think the longest I've ever queued for a ride is 15 minutes for the wild mouse once), having a single train with 7 people lap around makes basically no sense from a capacity and operational standpoint.

Why not? Abyss has 8 person trains, so 7 people on this is not too different.

(There are even Eurofighters with a 6 seat car)

I think this would be operationally advantageous in some ways because the inline seating on the train is easy to check and easy to board….Guests aren’t shuffling across a wide row, and ops aren’t leaning across to the middle seats.

It won’t be the highest capacity thing ever, but they could achieve around the 400 mark if they can do 1 dispatch per min.

With 1 train ops, it will do 245 an hour I estimate.

The whole ride is about 40 seconds long so a 3rd train would be operationally impossible.

Edited by Gazza

Hi there all! Wanna give you all a update (with no photos because I ran out of space).

1st: All the track has been assembled for Little Nippers. All that's left to do is put in the back wall, and the station building.

2nd: As you can see in the only photo before I ran out of space. All the water at the Olympic Pool has disappeared, except for a few splashs left.

3rd: I noticed on the plans if you look very closely, you can see the name for Loopy Lighthouse. It seems like that most of the names were planned back in September-October ish. Or even earlier!

Sorry for the lack of photos, and the next update will be whenever I get there!

P.S If they do have a continually moving station. They will have to stop occasionally for people who can't rush. Like the Sky Safari at Taronga Zoo.

IMG20210307123850.jpg

Edited by AheadMatthewawsome

14 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

As you can see in the only photo before I ran out of space. All the water at the Olympic Pool has disappeared, except for a few splashs left.

I think you need to look again. In the photo supplied, the water level appears to be only 1-2 steps down the exit ladder at the deep end of the pool - quite full indeed - and that level continues around the entire pool... although I guess subjectively, it depends on what you define as a 'few splashes'. If it were emptied, the lane lines on the tiled floor would be quite well defined, instead of blurry.

2 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Hi there all! Wanna give you all a update (with no photos because I ran out of space).

1st: All the track has been assembled for Little Nippers. All that's left to do is put in the back wall, and the station building.

2nd: As you can see in the only photo before I ran out of space. All the water at the Olympic Pool has disappeared, except for a few splashs left.

3rd: I noticed on the plans if you look very closely, you can see the name for Loopy Lighthouse. It seems like that most of the names were planned back in September-October ish. Or even earlier!

Sorry for the lack of photos, and the next update will be whenever I get there!

P.S If they do have a continually moving station. They will have to stop occasionally for people who can't rush. Like the Sky Safari at Taronga Zoo.

IMG20210307123850.jpg

Can you delete an unimportant photo to make space for updates if you run out of space?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think you need to look again. In the photo supplied, the water level appears to be only 1-2 steps down the exit ladder at the deep end of the pool - quite full indeed - and that level continues around the entire pool... although I guess subjectively, it depends on what you define as a 'few splashes'. If it were emptied, the lane lines on the tiled floor would be quite well defined, instead of blurry.

Whilst what you say is true, to be fair the North Sydney Pool is curently closed for renovations.

https://concreteplayground.com/sydney/travel-leisure/north-sydney-pool-is-closing-next-month-for-a-64-million-renovation-that-will-include-a-gelato-bar

19 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That was from last week. And you can also see the splash pool pretty much empty.

17 hours ago, Gazza said:

Can you delete an unimportant photo to make space for updates if you run out of space?

There's more than just LPS photos on there. There's also some other which would be considered historical sometime soon. But I can transfer them onto my PC.

Edited by AheadMatthewawsome

On 12/03/2021 at 9:43 PM, Jobe said:

Whilst what you say is true, to be fair the North Sydney Pool is curently closed for renovations.

Yeah I know it's closed, and its likely they have or will drain it, thats not what was said.

On 13/03/2021 at 7:18 AM, AheadMatthewawsome said:

That was from last week. And you can also see the splash pool pretty much empty.

Your post specifically said 'as you can see in the only photo.... all the water at the olympic pool has disappeared' and the only photo you attached did not show that.

On 12/03/2021 at 11:13 AM, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Desert Sands ring | Handmade Silver Mens Jewellery | Daniel Bentley

As you all can see, flooding has been really bad this year.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah I know it's closed, and its likely they have or will drain it, thats not what was said.

Your post specifically said 'as you can see in the only photo.... all the water at the olympic pool has disappeared' and the only photo you attached did not show that.

Desert Sands ring | Handmade Silver Mens Jewellery | Daniel Bentley

As you all can see, flooding has been really bad this year.

Again... I ran out of space. So I had one from earlier last week. If you have a look, the little pool is empty. While there was a hose to suck up all the water. If you want me to right now leave what I'm doing right now and take some photos to prove my point. I would be glad!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Credit: coastersodaa on Instagram 

it’s not the best photo but it’s something but we can see BUG is being constructed 

8376537A-E8E7-4BBD-95BB-EC4A89B7277B.jpeg

Whilst it is great the pace is continuing and all, if I could just rant here for a moment: BUG is still such a stupid name for a ride. They couldn't even come up with something a LITTLE bit more innovative like "Whirly Bug" or something like that? They went with the most uninspired choice imaginable? I mean the other ride names I can actually understand and see how they fit but here? No, it's just pathetic. 

On a more positive note, I remember a few years ago that according to Jobe, there were plans to make a new "tumblebug" sculpture or similar in homage to the original. I wonder if this ride will incorporate that...

8 hours ago, 19Michael96 said:

On a more positive note, I remember a few years ago that according to Jobe, there were plans to make a new "tumblebug" sculpture or similar in homage to the original. I wonder if this ride will incorporate that...

That would be great but also a strange idea, it's such a small ride. Luna Park does need more of those giant theming elements and ride bridges though because ever since reopening in 2004 most of them disappeared.

I still don't understand why the giant wooden blocks from the kids rides and Spider's bridge didn't get moved to Maloney's corner. If they were there it would've made the area much more appealing.

Edited by Yyosh
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Yyosh said:

I still don't understand why the giant wooden blocks from the kids rides and Spider's bridge didn't get moved to Maloney's corner. If they were there it would've made the area much more appealing.

I get the feeling that relocation of the rides down the back was always a temporary measure and that they had more ambitious plans for Maloney's Corner, so they didn't bother with the theming. It's just just taken them until now to finally realise their plans.