Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

On 02/05/2021 at 6:05 PM, Coasterlife said:

I love them too and how they also have a boomerang on the front seat is also pretty cool

When the names for these rides were revealed, I (and a few others if i recall) felt some of the names to be a bit disappointing - including the generic boomerang (since most parks around the world are this lazy with the boomerang ride models).

But seeing this artwork and the nod to indigenous culture - so long as the artwork was commissioned by an appropriate indigenous artist - its very appropriate I think.

• Like 3

As much as I'm not a fan of the names or logos, I do appreciate that LPS are announcing each attraction as they are completed, giving each ride some good attention. I also think the Maloney's Corner area is going to be great - so much going on in one area. It should have some great energy. Only thing I would hope for is a few pieces of decent theming and signage to complete the atmosphere.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

I have no idea how they're going to fit lines in this space unless they go for a virtual queue?

The concept art (which they've removed from their website annoyingly) shows the queues. The area looks like it'll be very tight.

My worry is how the queue for Big Dipper will work, the launch track looks to be in the way. All I can think of is to either build a path over it or go around and over the edge of the building.

19 hours ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

Though then again I've never seen huge lines at LPS anyway so maybe they're banking on that?

Probably this, the old maloney's corner rides had pretty short queues built to begin with (maybe like a couple of switchbacks at most) and I've never waited above maybe 15 minutes for anything at LPS that isn't the wild mouse

19 hours ago, Yyosh said:

My worry is how the queue for Big Dipper will work, the launch track looks to be in the way. All I can think of is to either build a path over it or go around and over the edge of the building.

There is room in the Big Dipper facade to house some of the queue (the stairs you walk up to go to tumble bug), but definitely something of note. 

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

There is room in the Big Dipper facade to house some of the queue (the stairs you walk up to go to tumble bug), but definitely something of note. 

I was talking about the way the first launch is in the way of the path to get to the circular queue area under the wave turn seen in the animation. It looks too low to walk under. I couldn't get a very good screenshot from the video though, sorry.

Screenshot_977.thumb.png.45aeb846b4d9840a54c45d40e1ba64c1.png

I wouldn't worry too much about the rendering, It has other inaccuracies like the track and support colour being wrong, the trains likely to not be hot wheels themed, the big dipper entrance not being bright blue etc etc. I'm sure you'll be able to get under the track just fine.

image.thumb.png.3b9f62488eab583eb34ae785a5c03f11.png

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Coasterlife said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.10.54 am.png

But there's only eight balloons? (Wonderland fans rejoice.... Boo Boo's Balloon Race has returned!)

1 hour ago, Coasterlife said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.10.44 am.png

Just in case anyone was wondering where Dronkey's Flyers ended up...

41 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.48.25 am.png

Who did it better?

NBC's Superstore: Inside the set of Cloud 9 | EW.com

Hi there all! Here's another update to the construction!

Loopy Lighthouse is being assembled, and will be done soon! It reminds me a lot of the old Lighthouse that was where the Helter Skelter is now.

The last ride, Silly Sub has arrived! And will start assembling soon. Be prepared to go on S.S 01 (Or S.S OI)!

A new ramp is being assembled for the disabled into Luna Land. We'll see some miclilanious items coming in now (aka Scenery).

The ride vehicles for Boomerang have been unrapped. The colours are really bright. And very appropriate for the Gadigal People who used to live where LPS stands.

The shed that was mentioned on the plans has now been assembled in between Boomerang. 

Some steel poles have been put around Big Dipper. Some of them are organised. So these may be used for the Big Dipper.

Before I go, don't forget to check out the Gnome on Glen Street. You're supposed to pat him anywhere. Litterly, ANYWHERE! For good luck. I usually pat him on the top of his hat and cute little nose. He also likes the ANZACs.

Next update will be whenever I get there!

IMG20210506142416.jpg

IMG20210506142326.jpg

IMG20210506142151.jpg

IMG20210506142136.jpg

IMG20210506140856.jpg

IMG20210506140630.jpg

IMG20210506140459.jpg

IMG20210506140142.jpg

Edited by AheadMatthewawsome
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Hi there all! Here's another update to the construction!

Loopy Lighthouse is being assembled, and will be done soon! It reminds me a lot of the old Lighthouse that was where the Helter Skelter is now.

The last ride, Silly Sub has arrived! And will start assembling soon. Be prepared to go on S.S 01 (Or S.S OI)!

A new ramp is being assembled for the disabled into Luna Land. We'll see some miclilanious items coming in now (aka Scenery).

The ride vehicles for Boomerang have been unrapped. The colours are really bright. And very appropriate for the Gadigal People who used to live where LPS stands.

The shed that was mentioned on the plans has now been assembled in between Boomerang. 

Some steel poles have been put around Big Dipper. Some of them are organised. So these may be used for the Big Dipper.

Before I go, don't forget to check out the Gnome on Glen Street. You're supposed to pat him anywhere. Litterly, ANYWHERE! For good luck. I usually pat him on the top of his hat and cute little nose. He also likes the ANZACs.

Next update will be whenever I get there!

IMG20210506142416.jpg

IMG20210506142326.jpg

IMG20210506142151.jpg

IMG20210506142136.jpg

IMG20210506140856.jpg

IMG20210506140630.jpg

IMG20210506140459.jpg

IMG20210506140142.jpg

Ah yes, the Luna Park gnome of wisdom

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

Hey guys so loopy lighthouse has now got it’s hat, Silly Sub is being installed possibly today and word from the rides manager is that Big Dipper arrived in Australia yesterday, That’s all for now but I’ll be back about 3pm if anything happens 

EB0A2E8E-D394-4157-A3EC-89565204F6F0.jpeg

Oooh exciting! I'm assuming these footings will be for Big Dipper? 

Edited by Baconjack

6 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Oooh exciting! I'm assuming these footings will be for Big Dipper? 

Yes, Also when i went back there at 3 bug was testing and boomerangs hydraulic system was testing along with the lift hill chain so expect boomerang to start testing in the next 2 weeks

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 1