Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Does anyone have a decent camera with zoom lens to take close ups of the track??

I'm sure someone does. I also assume you mean for Big Dipper. 

One issue is to get good photos mean you have to go hunting. Those in the know exactly know the only two locations you can view big dipper but one has a massive advantage over the other.  

Give it time and I'm sure someone will get much better pictures.

• Like 2

Best of luck to anyone who applied for a job at LPS - as long as you show heaps of energy in the interview and availability, you'll go well.

I did end up getting a job as a ride attendant at LPS last year, however lockdown came into effect a day after getting the offer so unfortunately I was never able to work a day there in the end. I'm happy where I am right now though so I decided to pass on doing it again, I would rather visit LPS or any park for fun as a hobby with my annual pass rather than go there to work.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

Can anyone guess where the new Big Dipper entrance will be? 

The photos released back in November shows a new Big Dipper station but where will the stairs be? 

Won’t they reuse the original Big Dipper entrance? The building that used to be the entrance to the Tumble Bug and actually says “Big Dipper” Lmao

As shown in previous designs, we can clearly see a building at the top of the original staircase, with the track going in and out of the smaller building (boarding area). 

BC4A413C-4009-4B90-9BA2-8346327BAE11.jpeg

Edited by Gtmichaels
  • Like 1

@GtmichaelsI think they were asking about how to get to the ride's station itself, and looking at the new photos, I'm very confused too.

On 26/05/2021 at 11:37 AM, AheadMatthewawsome said:

IMG20210526105642.jpg

The storage track appears to be in the way of the opening of the tower, and I can't figure out how people will get to the station.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yyosh said:

@GtmichaelsI think they were asking about how to get to the ride's station itself, and looking at the new photos, I'm very confused too.

The storage track appears to be in the way of the opening of the tower, and I can't figure out how people will get to the station.

Yeah it was getting to the ride station that I was confused about. They will definitely use the original Big Dipper entrance, but I think that will be an exit point? But the entrance to the ride station I am confused about. 

14 hours ago, Yyosh said:

It doesn't block it completely - maybe only half? there are posts in the middle of the archway that look like 'envelope' fencing (ie, 2m high). If you look at the pictures you quoted, you can see some temporary fencing set up from the archway and around - i've no knowledge whatsoever, but i'd speculate that that fencing probably roughly follows the path a guest will follow.

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It doesn't block it completely - maybe only half? there are posts in the middle of the archway that look like 'envelope' fencing (ie, 2m high). If you look at the pictures you quoted, you can see some temporary fencing set up from the archway and around - i've no knowledge whatsoever, but i'd speculate that that fencing probably roughly follows the path a guest will follow.

It's always been like that. There's a door to a function room in the Big Top directly to the right of the opening on the tower. Whenever it's being used the right stairs on the Big Dipper tower are closed off and temporary fencing similar to the one in the photo is put in. 

Just found a translated version of a French interview with peeps from Intamin, It was from last year, but offers the specs of the Big Dipper I haven’t seen before! Idk if this had been shared here before? But I found it on Reddit. Apparently will have a height of around 24m and track length of 600m which is interesting. They did change the speed to 72km/hr, so obviously these stats might change, but they give a fairly good insight on what the Hot Racer is all about. Here’s the original article, very good read! https://amp.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/in32zb/interview_with_intamin_in_french_regarding_the/

1D3CB3AF-067C-4909-845E-62A6A12B3C0B.jpeg

Edited by Gtmichaels
  • Like 4

On 28/05/2021 at 9:31 PM, Gtmichaels said:

Nice find! Looks like the Big Dipper will use a tire propulsion launch system (rather than an LSM launch). Similar to Jet Rescue & MDMC. Notice the large slots in the launch track ready for the tires to be installed.

image.thumb.png.a98368c27629ec2c54ef6f6057e712b7.png

image.thumb.png.73dc18ba399295d26098f29879a179d8.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Nice find! Looks like the Big Dipper will use a tire propulsion launch system (rather than an LSM launch). Similar to Jet Rescue & MDMC. Notice the large slots in the launch track ready for the tires to be installed.

image.thumb.png.a98368c27629ec2c54ef6f6057e712b7.png

image.thumb.png.73dc18ba399295d26098f29879a179d8.png

Haha yes! I found that out a bit ago, from others making youtube videos, actually has the same max speed as MDMC (72km/h)! Not a bad launch in my opinion, definitely something that will be achieved quickly, as the launch tracks and the entire coaster are quite compact. I expect a great acceleration! Especially since Formula Rossa’s acceleration is 1.7gs of force, which is surprisingly only around double for what this model is capable of! Being on FR myself, I can definitely say even a quarter of that acceleration is enough! For a coaster going 240+km/h having only double the Gs of force on acceleration of this single rail coaster going less than a third of it’s speed, I agree with intamin. It’s impressive and powerful!

Edited by Gtmichaels
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

During the upcoming winter school holidays Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s the park will not be open, Could this be for the  Construction of Big Dipper or being understaffed because i have never seen this in a school holiday period before 

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.43.17 am.png

It's due to the unemployment crisis at LPS. They were planning on opening every day during the school holidays (which is what they normally do). But will now go back to what they normally do during the School Term (not opening Tuesdays and Wednesday.