Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

9 minutes ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Slightly off topic to the new rides; but now that a lot of space has been taken up where the houses for Halloscream used to go, does anyone know/have a possible idea on where the houses might go this year? (If this has been talked about in another thread, please link me lol)

I have never been to the event but aren’t the houses inside the big top?

Edited by Coasterlife
ahhh just beat me 😂

1 hour ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Slightly off topic to the new rides; but now that a lot of space has been taken up where the houses for Halloscream used to go, does anyone know/have a possible idea on where the houses might go this year? (If this has been talked about in another thread, please link me lol)

For the last few years the major Halloscream houses have been built in the Big Top. 2019 had 3 in the Big Top + Mystery Manor, 2020 just had 3 in the Big Top. Seeing as they've announced 3 houses for this year best bet is that they're all in the Big Top again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yyosh said:

The only scare attraction that has been in Maloney's Corner has been Mystery Manor

Not true. They had two there back in 2018 + MM, plus a house where Volare is. I haven’t been since then so that’s why I was wondering.

1 hour ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

For the last few years the major Halloscream houses have been built in the Big Top. 2019 had 3 in the Big Top + Mystery Manor, 2020 just had 3 in the Big Top. Seeing as they've announced 3 houses for this year best bet is that they're all in the Big Top again.

Makes sense. Glad they’re using big top for it. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Not true. They had two there back in 2018 + MM, plus a house where Volare is. I haven’t been since then so that’s why I was wondering.

Did they? I didn't go to the event but I thought the only time they used the area for a maze was in 2013, before MM (If I remember correctly the theme had something to do with Hollywood). I'm 90% certain they didn't use the area for Halloscream 2019 though.

27 minutes ago, Yyosh said:

Did they? I didn't go to the event but I thought the only time they used the area for a maze was in 2013, before MM (If I remember correctly the theme had something to do with Hollywood). I'm 90% certain they didn't use the area for Halloscream 2019 though.

No clue on 2019 either, but 2018 definitely did. They were where sillysub is now and were “back to back” in some tent. 

The mirror maze could probably be making a comeback... Or something else just as special, turning older attractions into haunts. 

This demonstrated three haunts and probably actors that free roam the park (think Hollywood Horror Nights at Universal). I also am intrigued by Mr Bowler... 

Preparing for his favourite season? Intriguing lmao, might see a house dedicated to the park’s newer creep?

Edited by Gtmichaels

17 hours ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Will most likely be the Big Top like previous years. Like the last 2 events there will be 3 scare mazes which can all fit inside the big top. If there were to be a different spot it would probably by the Hungry Horse.

10 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

The mirror maze could probably be making a comeback... Or something else just as special, turning older attractions into haunts. 

This demonstrated three haunts and probably actors that free roam the park (think Hollywood Horror Nights at Universal). I also am intrig]ued by Mr Bowler... 

Preparing for his favourite season? Intriguing lmao, might see a house dedicated to the park’s newer creep?

Mr Bowler was the theme from last year when he gained control of the worker's minds and turned them into puppets, so if he's using the same tactic you should probably watch out on the new job 😂 It looks like he's enlisted the help on 9 undead witches this year, so as much as it would be cool to see a backstory maze, the mazes are usually random themes that don't really tie in to the event theme. E.g: Last year the theme was the aforementioned Mr Bower, but the mazes wer Outback Butcher, Block 13 and DecayMart. That doesn't mean they won't do it this year, but it's decently unlikely. There's always one maze each year that blows you away and the others and just pretty good. Last year it was DecayMart and the year before it was Yokai. I really hope they bring back one of these cuz they were great. It looks like they're doing a theme of the number 13 for one of the mazes each year, like Block 13 and Ward 13, so we could expect another one of those. ONE LAST THING! Do not expect to get your socks blown off. It's a great event and the night rides are awesome, but unless you get scared really easily like me, it's not gonna be that scary. I would recommend going with all my being cuz it is SOOOOO much fun with mates, but it is definitely  not as scary as they make it out to be.

Sorry for the big post im very excited lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Look take some graphics made for the LPS website with a grain of salt but this seems to make the possibility that the dodgem building is being gutted and used as the queue for BD very real 

The dodgems are staying, Big Dipper’s queue will be all on top of the building. It will make more sense once we start seeing more progression but looking at the animation the queue can 100% make it around and under the first launch, Seeing how they have pulled everything off in Maloneys corner they can make it work.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 11.32.16 pm.png

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 1

I know some are wondering about the queue line. I believe the exit and entry will be completely different points. The current stairs entry/exit will strictly become the exit I reckon. To minimise queuing within the midway. 

Within the dodge car building is a staff access pathway and at the back wall a bunch of stairs that lead o the rooftop. 

They might use this as the entrance queue with the exit coming straight from the station and down the normal stairs. Also interesting to see the traverse track has moved since the concept artwork. 

For picture reference, the red circle is stairs and yellow shows the pathway at ground level. 

Photo credit @DaptoFunlandGuy

2D4C39AA-27E2-4615-85DF-67CF8FE94A49.jpeg