Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

Visited site this afternoon. Some finishing touches on maloneys corner with boomerang station painted yellow and a tent surrounding Boomerang's helix,  walls are down for what was meant to be Friday. BD hill section before 1st launch is up as well. Looks like they might be leaving the second section till later20210623_160419.thumb.jpg.483b42985bdc88a766faedc53a840da6.jpg20210623_160853.thumb.jpg.24baf2d822d241828b578e431f9b725b.jpg

• Like 3

You know, I was sad when the news hit but in hindsight, the park doesn't look ready to open. It still looks like they got some work to do. Also, some people might sadly lose their jobs lockdown during so Luna Park might be able to do a employment campaign. All in all, it is sad news but it's been shutdown for 6 months so I really don't think waiting a week or two is that big of a deal. The only kind of negative news for the park won't be opened during some of the school holidays which is when most people go to the park. So yeah, it is a bit annoying but it's not a big deal. 

2 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Coasterlife hasn’t the Friday pass holders night event already been canceled/delayed for a week thanks to the new COVID restrictions.

Yes, The annual pass holders night is going to be next Friday instead, For those that are interested here is sledgehammers lighting package that flashed for the slightest second

IMG_4890.jpg

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

not sure if its just me, but i don't see LPS as needing to be 'immersive'. its hard to hide the harbour, and it was always a 'seaside fair' so a collection of rides well presented is all i'd ever ask of them.

They managed to do it in the old days with elaborate facades, artwork and decorative buildings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

They managed to do it in the old days with elaborate facades, artwork and decorative buildings.

I understand what you're saying, but as you say - the old days. Back then the NSWGR also hand-tiled every single city station floor to ceiling and they built buildings out of sandstone. Tradesmen would labour for days tiling intricate mosaics in the men's room while another tradesman spent an hour hand painting the sign on the bathroom door. 

Labour was cheap and so were materials. And back then things like fire proof materials weren't needed either. 

to do the same thing these days would cost a HECK of a lot more - Vortex is a great example of function over style. Nothing at LPS will ever be 'immersive' beyond the internal ride experience - there's no escapism, and some facades and artwork don't achieve that either. I'd rather they had a functional, modern, compliant space and pull the park into the future. The old artwork were absolutely classic and should be preserved, but trying to copy it today with modern trades is a poor imitation and i'd rather they didn't.

On 03/07/2021 at 8:53 PM, Jim said:

Big Dipper update - photo taken today 3/07/21 

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7593.JPG

Awesome pics Jim!! We’re starved for more, would you be able to do so and if possible hold your camera/phone above the fence or inbetween the bars to get clearer pics?? 😄😄

• Like 3