Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

Yeah - the youtube comments section doesn't help his case either. I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt for the photos like the other guy who lives local, but the video crossing the bridge, the gerstlauer hat, the braggadocio...

This is a pretty blatant case of 'fuck it, i'll do what I want'.

coaster2.thumb.jpg.1a1f580c8a5e0fb063ef84f27e7b197b.jpgcoaster1.thumb.jpg.9eda4f30fe16da4fa1aa14f74aab79ec.jpg

I know the rules haven't changed, only extended, so if you couldn't go 4 days ago, and you couldn't go 1 day ago, what changed to make today any different?

Not to mention that the harbour bridge post was taken from the passenger seat of a car, meaning there's a second person potentially breaching the rules too (and at least one responsible adult who should know better).

And worst of all, given the social channels with a presence on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube under the same name as your Parkz username, in my opinion this comes across as shameless promotion of your own brand than purely enthusiast-motivated construction updates... but thats opinion, and i'm no Mod so i'll leave it up to the relevant authorities...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah - the youtube comments section doesn't help his case either. I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt for the photos like the other guy who lives local, but the video crossing the bridge, the gerstlauer hat, the braggadocio...

This is a pretty blatant case of 'fuck it, i'll do what I want'.

coaster2.thumb.jpg.1a1f580c8a5e0fb063ef84f27e7b197b.jpgcoaster1.thumb.jpg.9eda4f30fe16da4fa1aa14f74aab79ec.jpg

I know the rules haven't changed, only extended, so if you couldn't go 4 days ago, and you couldn't go 1 day ago, what changed to make today any different?

Not to mention that the harbour bridge post was taken from the passenger seat of a car, meaning there's a second person potentially breaching the rules too (and at least one responsible adult who should know better).

And worst of all, given the social channels with a presence on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube under the same name as your Parkz username, in my opinion this comes across as shameless promotion of your own brand than purely enthusiast-motivated construction updates... but thats opinion, and i'm no Mod so i'll leave it up to the relevant authorities...

I understand ones need and desire to get out during such a tough time. The NSW government has issued health orders and they must be observed. I live a casual 15 minute drive from a beach, I don't go to the beach during this time for a walk or a surf however.

This seems like a blatant breach of any health order currently, Sure sit at home and be annoyed at what you are missing out on but to then to do what you are doing is simply upsetting and annoying to others effected by what is going on.

@DaptoFunlandGuyis right, it seems like its been done for attention and promotion. While possibly in good faith it actually has a immediate negative impact for possibly some long term "fifteen minutes of fame".

According to the NSW Govt. Website, these are the only reasonable excuses to leave home:

Reasonable excuse to leave home

A reasonable excuse is if you need to

• obtain food or other goods and services
    • for the personal needs of the household or for other household purposes (including pets)
    • for vulnerable people
    • if the food or goods and services are not available in the local government area that you live in
  • travel for work or education if it is not possible to do it at home
  • exercise and take outdoor recreation in Greater Sydney
  • go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination
  • donate blood
  • access childcare
  • continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children
  • attend a funeral
  • provide care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or to provide emergency assistance
  • access social services, employment services, services provided to victims (including as victims of crime), domestic violence services, and mental health services
  • move to a new place of residence, or between your different places of residence
  • undertake legal obligations
  • avoid injury or illness or to escape the risk of harm
  • in case of emergencies
  • for compassionate reasons, including where two people are in a relationship but do not necessarily live together
  • to provide pastoral care if you are a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order.

Taking a holiday is not a reasonable excuse.

Stay at home rules

You must stay home. Only leave your home if you have a reasonable excuse.

If you must leave home, stay within your local area. Do not travel outside your local area if you can avoid it.

Reduce movement and mingling between households. Restrictions on visitors to a residence have changed. 

From 6pm on Saturday 26 June, the stay at home direction applies to people who live in, usually work in, or usually attend a university or other tertiary education facility in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas until 11:59pm on Friday 16 July 2021.

Edited by Im Hungry

17 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

Imagine waking to the sounds of screaming as riders zoom past your window...

17 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

NGL, I'd love to wake up to that 

Understand its established this is an office building, but I would love to wake to screaming riders also.

If not for any other reason than it means I'm waking up at around 9-10ish and my child let me sleep in...

6 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

...Just for the record for anyone keen to exercise around LPS - the new restrictions say you cannot exercise more than 10km from where you live, OR outside of your own LGA

So just to help folks out who might not be sure - here is 10km from LPS:

image.thumb.png.98f37f97f33d6a84990c229bb40dadb2.png

And here is the North Sydney Council LGA - noting that (unsurprisingly) it does not extend south of the Harbour Bridge.

image.thumb.png.c7bd040a395e2cd71bb8538ae999528c.png

With a new record breaking 44 cases announced today and the increasing of restrictions - please - we do not need likes and views and coaster updates right now. It will still be there in a few weeks when Sydney comes out of this - but Sydney will not come out of this in a few weeks if people keep bending the rules to suit their own selfish needs.

Gives you a true idea about the 10K radius. I agree its not worth the risk for likes or to keep the "cool kid" status.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Hmm....local councilor and advocate for North Sydney- ironically he lists on his website as wanting to "save" Luna Park as part of the community engagement. What a load of BS. I am betting he has been contacted by some of the rich , entitled , self indulgent and selfish nearby residents who are tyring to stir up trouble. They do not have a leg to stand on and the park has complied with every government requirement under the amended Luna Park act. They are well within the letter of the law and the residents nor this bloke can do much other than grandstanding. I reckon he can f*!k right off.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jobe said:

Hmm....local councilor and advocate for North Sydney- ironically he lists on his website as wanting to "save" Luna Park as part of the community engagement. What a load of BS. I am betting he has been contacted by some of the rich , entitled , self indulgent and selfish nearby residents who are tyring to stir up trouble. They do not have a leg to stand on and the park has complied with every government requirement under the amended Luna Park act. They are well within the letter of the law and the residents nor this bloke can do much other than grandstanding. I reckon he can f*!k right off.

100%. It seems people are not aware of the amended LPS act. 

Once again people stirring the pot. Sydney will need LPS when we get out of lockdown. Look at parks around the world, entertainment is needed and desired by so many. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2021 at 8:02 PM, Im Hungry said:

Not sure if it has been previously discussed, but the excuse for Coasterlife's visit to Luna Park goes as follows (response posted from TikTok):

luna lockdown.JPG

"we had to pick up". According to his earlier posts his father had to pick something up. Literally zero reason for him to go.

This is why Sydney is in the situation its in - everyone is looking for the way around the restrictions - the loopholes - instead of behaving within the spirit of it.

On 10/07/2021 at 4:33 PM, Jim said:

I feel as though this is simply attempting to re-agitate the same issues over and over again. Every action has seen the government side more firmly with LPS each time an argument is raised. The hair raiser DA comment is just flat out wrong - What he has written is inflammatory and from what I can tell, designed to try to get the support of the residents. 

He's a local councillor you say? when does the NSC have their next election?

image.thumb.png.3489d709796ff849b46be676788573ea.png

Oh look! a political upwards seating pit!

• Like 1

On 10/07/2021 at 4:33 PM, Jim said:

Not a lot really. It's filled with spelling mistakes which, as soon as I see in a document such as this, makes me less inclined to agree with whatever point they are trying to make is.

• Like 1

Do you think work will stop on the new big dipper due to the new restrictions in place and workers having to be tested more regularly? 

Plus which pieces of track do you think will be installed in the coming weeks if work is allowed to go on? 

And last question does everyone really think it will open in December? 

I just thought I will post these questions as it keeps the forum interesting during this lockdown. Anyway comment below, I am keen to hear what others have to say. 

Hello there. I am very new to these forums & i'm still learning how to use this but i think that work will continue on big dipper as construction is considered and essential service from what my husband has told me. Im not super sure what exactly the ride elements are (one of you fellow members might be able to tell me) but i think that they will finish doing the big element stuff that is next to the apartments behind Coney island, And for your last question i think that it will open in time for the start of the summer school holidays but if it's a first in the world won't it take 2-4 months to do all the testing?

Sincerely sorry if i'm confusing.

2 hours ago, Evelyn said:

Hello there. I am very new to these forums & i'm still learning how to use this but i think that work will continue on big dipper as construction is considered and essential service from what my husband has told me. Im not super sure what exactly the ride elements are (one of you fellow members might be able to tell me) but i think that they will finish doing the big element stuff that is next to the apartments behind Coney island, And for your last question i think that it will open in time for the start of the summer school holidays but if it's a first in the world won't it take 2-4 months to do all the testing?

Sincerely sorry if i'm confusing.

The ride features 2 launches (more like boosts actually) 2 inversions (sidewinder and corkscrew) couple airtime hills and over banked turns. I do think you're pretty spot on with the testing though. Might take around 14-16 weeks is my guess

The testing requirement for greater sydney is every 7 days I believe. Workers need to have proof of their test such as an email or text showing the appointment confirmation. If there's enough people on-site, LPS could even potentially contract to have testing done on-site during regular toolbox\smoko sessions. It'd cost them half an hour or so to keep on the right side of the regulations, and losing 30 minutes a week is far more preferable than shutting down construction for what (at this stage) is predicted to go on for the next month.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The testing requirement for greater sydney is every 7 days I believe. Workers need to have proof of their test such as an email or text showing the appointment confirmation. If there's enough people on-site, LPS could even potentially contract to have testing done on-site during regular toolbox\smoko sessions. It'd cost them half an hour or so to keep on the right side of the regulations, and losing 30 minutes a week is far more preferable than shutting down construction for what (at this stage) is predicted to go on for the next month.

Pretty sure she meant testing the ride itself not Covid testing the workers.

41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Pretty sure she meant testing the ride itself not Covid testing the workers.

And i'm pretty sure that isn't what I was replying to.

19 hours ago, Jim said:

Do you think work will stop on the new big dipper due to the new restrictions in place and workers having to be tested more regularly?