Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The testing requirement for greater sydney is every 7 days I believe. Workers need to have proof of their test such as an email or text showing the appointment confirmation. If there's enough people on-site, LPS could even potentially contract to have testing done on-site during regular toolbox\smoko sessions. It'd cost them half an hour or so to keep on the right side of the regulations, and losing 30 minutes a week is far more preferable than shutting down construction for what (at this stage) is predicted to go on for the next month.

The way this works is that if you come from the Fairfield local government area (LGA) in Sydney you tested for covid every 7 days.

That also applies if you reside outside of the region but travel into Sydney for work. I believe it's the same as Sydney siders who leave Sydney for essential work.

We have a lockdown within a lockdown within a lockdown. 

1 hour ago, StingRay said:

The way this works is that if you come from the Fairfield local government area (LGA) in Sydney you tested for covid every 7 days.

Fairfield is every 3 days & Greater Sydney is every 7 days from what i heard the premier say yesterday.

The design of the track certainly looks quite different to existing single rail coasters (it's just been RMC so far right?). Obviously it's a more rounded and less boxy design. Looks like there's a bit more detail in terms of the grooves and flanges too. Does anyone who knows what they're talking about (ie. not me) want to discuss the differences?

Edited by GoGoBoy

Does anybody know, in the picture of the Big Dipper track above, is the building directly behind it, is that residential appartments? I know at the time this has been reported as being a corporate/business building but gee those balconies look like they belong to residential appartments? Can anyone clarify on that with any defintiveness?

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

Does anybody know, in the picture of the Big Dipper track above, is the building directly behind it, is that residential appartments? I know at the time this has been reported as being a corporate/business building but gee those balconies look like they belong to residential appartments? Can anyone clarify on that with any defintiveness?

I searched the address into Google (6A Glen St) and found only offices. There don't seem to be any apartments in the building as far as I know.

3 hours ago, Jobe said:

The building houses the LPS office on one level. It's owned by multiplex (open to correction) and they take money from rent from tenants. 

When a business wants to move in they are informed it's right next to the park. The park has never had any issues with its building. 

• Like 1

Construction on Big Dipper will be paused from Monday for the foreseeable future as construction is to be no longer essential. Honestly this lockdown is not strict enough at all and the way we are going makes any hope of us leaving this lockdown on the 30th extremely unlikely. I'm certain this won't end until late August early September

3 hours ago, Evelyn said:

Construction on Big Dipper will be paused from Monday for the foreseeable future as construction is to be no longer essential. Honestly this lockdown is not strict enough at all and the way we are going makes any hope of us leaving this lockdown on the 30th extremely unlikely. I'm certain this won't end until late August early September

While people say the lockdown rules were not strict enough if Sydney residents simply abided by the most basic instructions then these new  levels of messed up restrictions wouldn't have occurred. I'm not just speaking for the amusement industry but the entire population of greater Sydney.

Sure, the government should have been slightly harsher but that didn't occur. People should have been intelligent enough to understand stat at home orders unless for essential reasons. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2021 at 4:00 AM, GoGoBoy said:

The design of the track certainly looks quite different to existing single rail coasters (it's just been RMC so far right?). 

Not at all. I blame the marketing people for this.

Twenty years ago there was a design called the Batflyer:

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8404

I've seen older designs than that, too.

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Caprio batflyers can fuck off. To date it is the only coaster type I have ever stalled on. My only 0/10 coaster.

Screenshot_20210717-233949.thumb.png.6c185ee2af5c31462b45547afb2d2be4.png

54 minutes ago, Noxegon said:

I hate to be that person, but that looks like a Gyroflyer rather than a Batflyer :)

And I hate to be the other person, but it's Caripro, not "Caprio". :)

Edited by ATI