Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Hopefully Intamin have a generic version of the ride vehicle with an alternative wheel bogie cover because I would say with the one seen in the animations looks quite dumb and out of place for LPS.

Yeah I was thinking its a little out of place as well, hence my question. I dont hold high hopes but we will just have to wait and see the reveal. 

14 hours ago, Jim said:

The other possibility is maybe they might display the two former Big Dipper carriages near the ride entrance? So the wooden carriage and the arrow carriage if they were given one from Dreamworld? Or they might have been scrapped completely?

The last carriage from BD 1 is in the possession of the powerhouse museum - It'd be cool to see it brought back but I don't know if they'd be able to take it back. I think Dreamworld got rid of the original BD 2/Cyclone trains sadly though.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

I hope as well the line will be interesting, so by that I mean Big Dipper theming, maybe photographs of the previous two coasters? Or something that makes the line exciting.

There are already murals of the second Dipper in the tower and a massive mural of the first in the 'courtyard' against the wall of the Big Top. In regards to theming I don't think much should be done because we already have enough.

4 hours ago, Yyosh said:

The last carriage from BD 1 is in the possession of the powerhouse museum - It'd be cool to see it brought back but I don't know if they'd be able to take it back. I think Dreamworld got rid of the original BD 2/Cyclone trains sadly though.

When the vehicles were upgraded in 2015 they installed fitted out Vekoma train bodies while leaving the original Arrow chassis intact. Cyclone/BD vehicle bodies were very likely thrown in the skip bin after that, without any real use for them, or were thrown in the boneyard and eventually cleared out a few years after for the lazy river.

Wasn't there another original Big Dipper carriage that fell into the possession of somebody else and still exists? The park itself maybe? Even then for a 'theme' there will probably be some photos and captions of the previous coasters to look at but even that's wishful thinking. Kind of like what was/is in the Big Dipper tower when you walked up it to get to Tumble Bug? But in all honesty the 'theming' is already there - the tower itself.671388598_ScreenShot2021-07-22at1_25_36pm.thumb.png.1a5854d2bb3db8e4b72a15bb6b540703.png

Edited by Baconjack

4 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Wasn't there another original Big Dipper carriage that fell into the possession of somebody else and still exists? The park itself maybe?

The park owns 1 carriage at least from the original Big Dipper. It's currently under tarps out the back but used to be on display.

9 minutes ago, mattcrombie said:

Sent to me by a contact. Some residents aren’t to happy….

SUCK IT NEIGHBOURS!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

Do you think the neighbours are going to try and stop it from running or opening? 

It's possible but i really don't see the neighbours prevailing, They chose to live there so if they have a problem they can move. Luna Park needs this coaster to boost visitation and give people something to look forward too, Something the park has been lacking for years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Do you think the neighbours are going to try and stop it from running or opening? 

They have tried and I believe stopped. Its gone ahead and its too late. Its devalued the apartments that this photo was taken. But these were built after Luna Park so they knew what was here and involved with large attractions/noises. Its actually very quiet in the apartments when doors are closed. 

• Like 1

Luna Palaszczuk once said...

"I understand [the residents] are whingeing and you'd expect that from [the residents]."

"They're good at whingeing and that's all [we] ever hear is whinge, whinge, whinge, from [them]. This is value for money... and the benefits that it will bring into the local economy is going to be flowing."

Also, it's good to hear from you again @Coasterlife

Luna Palaszczuk.jpg

Edited by Im Hungry
  • Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jobe said:

Given that Big Dipper is moving ahead so quickly, and that everything that has been put in place so far has virtually mirrored the concept artwork initially shown, who is betting that Big Dippers train and cars will be exactly what has been already shown? The cars and trains on the animation looked exactly like the generic trains from the Hot Racer concept videos from Intamin when they were released. Do we think that the trains will be generic or do you think that there will be some local and unique theming added to make them Is Luna Park specific?

The Colour of the track and supports for BD 3.0 have changed since the concept art. Along with the location for the storage track possibly also. 

I hope we don't get those car trains, I hope we get two custom trains paying homage to the last two coasters if somehow possible. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the residents don't have much to stand on now in terms of complaining about Luna Park... I don't think Luna Park would have risked the investment if there was big possibility of it going the way of Big Dipper. Pretty sure they have the government on their side. 

• Like 1

I cant find it on my computer but I know a bunch of rules where in place for the park that includes such things like height, colours etc when it came to rides the park could operate. I am sure they haver complied to all this.

Its simply a fact on paper things look like one thing and the second they are built they visually look different thanks to the real scale size.

13 hours ago, Evelyn said:

I just heard news that lockdown is extended for another 4 weeks and construction work can continue after Sunday which means that work on Big Dipper 3 can resume once again. I also when should i expect to see testing of Does the ride start?

I'm not too sure honestly. The health orders in Sydney are changing constantly due to the serious nature of the situation. 

It would also come down to the contracted parties doing the construction, the location of workers and even if they want to put them at risk. I am sure however within the time we will see something official from the Park. 

Not just one of those fans going for a stroll and taking pictures while doing essential exercise.