Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

23 hours ago, Gazza said:

So Intamin switched to electric on tyre launches since Juvulen and Yukon Quad, i think thats what bd has.

YkuASZV.jpg

Big dipper is confirmed to have tyre launches unfortunately, but it should still be a quiet launch. Some LSM launches can be a bit loud, like Red Force, but then again RF is going 180km/hr!

16 minutes ago, Gtmichaels said:

Big dipper is confirmed to have tyre launches unfortunately, but it should still be a quiet launch. Some LSM launches can be a bit loud, like Red Force, but then again RF is going 180km/hr!

Yeah I know it'll be tyre, all I was saying is that the tyres are powered by conventional electric motors, not hydraulic like MDMC / JR.

image.thumb.png.fcc77db726a2e40370fb08c69ca23add.png

Yeah you might want to check that claim again that all track is complete. In the above photo there is clearly missing trackwork that still needs to be installed.

There is plenty of work that needs completion yet as well- the building of the load/unload station, the completion of the floor near the station and the queue area, the installation of the launch tyres in several locations and other theming aspects. Thats just what we can see. I am sure there are various other systems that are not readily visible that have not yet even been touched.

There is ample work yet on the coaster that still needs to come to fruition. Patience is the key- it will happen.

However, at this point, the installation of trackwork has not yet been completed.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jobe said:

image.thumb.png.fcc77db726a2e40370fb08c69ca23add.png

Yeah you might want to check that claim again that all track is complete. In the above photo there is clearly missing trackwork that still needs to be installed.

There is plenty of work that needs completion yet as well- the building of the load/unload station, the completion of the floor near the station and the queue area, the installation of the launch tyres in several locations and other theming aspects. Thats just what we can see. I am sure there are various other systems that are not readily visible that have not yet even been touched.

There is ample work yet on the coaster that still needs to come to fruition. Patience is the key- it will happen.

However, at this point, the installation of trackwork has not yet been completed.

Sorry that image was from the 9th of August. All the rest was from today. The all the track has all been installed but they are now installing the launch tires, Electrical ect.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ranger said:

If it's private, how would he be getting in? Not having a go at all, just wondering.

There is no gate or anything stopping you from walking to there but i've spoken to some staff that work upstairs and they don't mind, It's not like were parking there.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.37.28 pm.png

Edited by Coasterlife
The overreaction of some of you is sad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In all honesty, Sydney is a bit of a shitshow.

I know some are very much eager to get updates of this coaster, but just let it be - you'll get to ride it... someday (only if a CERTAIN part of the population wrap their heads around the idea that anti-lockdown protests ≠ no more lockdown).

Perhaps somehow getting in touch with a construction worker who's keen to send updates could work (by all means, don't stand outside the fence and yell for their numbers 💀)?

Just don't take my word for it, Sydney had the chance to avoid this mess.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.7759d3335629e211aca5a937694ffc5d.png

The train is literally full on racing deco. Exhaust pipes, grille and everything. It's like this coaster is in an identity crisis as to what it wants to be themed. Hopefully there's another train that I don't know about because capacity is going to be steaming garbage with just 1 train

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

The train is literally full on racing deco. Exhaust pipes, grille and everything. It's like this coaster is in an identity crisis as to what it wants to be themed. Hopefully there's another train that I don't know about because capacity is going to be steaming garbage with just 1 train

That was not how I was expecting the train to be themed. Maybe it’s yet to receive a paint job?

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Pretty sure there;s 2 trains with the other one being identical but red

• Like 1