Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

16 hours ago, Jim said:

Yeah I hope LPS can just open this year, it must be awful not knowing when the park can open.

Would be awful for any business in that situation. They'll reopen, it will be how the park was before it closed for refurbishment. Limited capacity and fully vaccinated one would assume. 

20 hours ago, Jobe said:

Here is an interesting post that Warwick Doughty, Director of Luna Park Sydney , posted in response to a question about the Big Dipper trains and their generic look.

image.thumb.png.66bace397163faaedf777c5fdf690944.png 

As most of us suspected, the choice of trains was limited to financial constraints by the park to design custom trains. Since this is a first install of this ride type, I get that this must have been part of the deal with Intamin and overall I can live with it. Its good to see that there will be theming and decals to be added to the trains in the coming months that will at least give some local park flavour and uniqueness to the trains and the ride itself. 

I'm glad he commented... sure it'd be nice if everything worked completely together and to our taste, but the reality is for the first time in a long time, Luna Park is getting a larger scale rollercoaster. I'm sure there have been years and years of background work to get to this point and I imagine seeing people complain about a detail like the cars would be discouraging. Especially in a uncertain time like covid. Luna Park has a fairground atmostphere... a fairground is completely eclectic in it's themes and I don't think a race car is completely out of place.

Edited by MARK28
  • Like 1

Looks like the park is tentatively reopening on the 23rd of October, day tickets have just become available today for that date, where yesterday the tickets just said "coming soon". Appears to be only open for 5 hour sessions, with the first few weekends expected to have a day session 11am-4pm and then a night session for Halloscream. 
image.thumb.png.a0866d0ba389b4fd54556af62f4b0fd3.png

Edited by MrLukeCarroll
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jobe said:

Here is an interesting post that Warwick Doughty, Director of Luna Park Sydney , posted in response to a question about the Big Dipper trains and their generic look.

image.thumb.png.66bace397163faaedf777c5fdf690944.png 

As most of us suspected, the choice of trains was limited to financial constraints by the park to design custom trains. Since this is a first install of this ride type, I get that this must have been part of the deal with Intamin and overall I can live with it. Its good to see that there will be theming and decals to be added to the trains in the coming months that will at least give some local park flavour and uniqueness to the trains and the ride itself. 

Yeah as the person who originally asked the question, I was pretty satisfied with Warwick's answer. Limited finance also explains the minimalist stance on theming and bridges for the new rides, which is a shame but hopefully these extras can be added in the future among other bits and bobs. But the park firstly needs to be allowed to reopen and regain much needed revenue, whether it be rides or events. So I would encourage those who can to visit the park so they can prosper well into the future and the recent investment in rides pays off for them.

BTW Warwick answered this on the Facebook group "History of Luna Park Sydney". I would encourage everyone who's a fan of the park to subscribe. It's admin is the woman who won Hard Quiz two years ago.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MARK28 said:

I'm glad he commented... sure it'd be nice if everything worked completely together and to our taste

To our taste! we gotta be so grateful that we are even getting such a coaster in Sydney. While a different train would be nice having this world-first at LPS is truly amazing. How management pulled this off we will never know but we must be thankful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim said:

The park map is on the website now, it looks fantastic!

https://www.lunaparksydney.com/how-to-get-here  

It looks incredible! I was worrying it would turn out similar to LPM's extremely simplistic and bland map.

I also noticed this. Does anybody know what the 'Green Screen and Photo Shop' near the Crystal Palace is? I haven't heard of it at all yet and couldn't find anything referring to it on the website.

Screenshot_38.thumb.png.345172a675746a82d701c07a9b3a9781.png

And they might want to fix this typo haha!

Screenshot_39.png.9f7a6b6d983eb9f364645f11636a6eea.png

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

My guess is, (especially since some of the new rides have an on-ride photo system) that its probably a photo shop... with a green screen in it.

I probably should've worded that better. I was wondering if this meant Luna Park's going to be integrating a new ride photo system similar to Movie Worlds with the wristbands? I can't find anything about this on the website. And what would happen with Wild Mouse's gift shop?

Is there any news or predictions about the reopening of Jamberoo or Raging Waters? Both were scheduled to reopen these school holidays but obviously won’t be.

Do you think they will both reopen in October when restrictions are lifted?

Or will they hold off to November or even the December holidays as they don’t anticipate much business anyway until then due the weather?

54 minutes ago, Charity00 said:

Is there any news or predictions about the reopening of Jamberoo or Raging Waters? Both were scheduled to reopen these school holidays but obviously won’t be.

Do you think they will both reopen in October when restrictions are lifted?

Or will they hold off to November or even the December holidays as they don’t anticipate much business anyway until then due the weather?

Jamberoo has tentative opening dates as the first weekend of October, but with them being counted in the Greater Sydney area I don't see them opening up before mid-October when the 70% double-vaccinated milestone is hit.

I've heard talks that Raging Waters will be even later, looking at November at the earliest but most likely December unless things change significantly with staffing/restrictions etc.

On 15/09/2021 at 5:35 PM, MrLukeCarroll said:

Looks like the park is tentatively reopening on the 23rd of October, day tickets have just become available today for that date, where yesterday the tickets just said "coming soon". Appears to be only open for 5 hour sessions, with the first few weekends expected to have a day session 11am-4pm and then a night session for Halloscream. 
image.thumb.png.a0866d0ba389b4fd54556af62f4b0fd3.png

Looks like they'll also have an extra night session the day before as Halloscream starts on the 22nd. Wondering how long the queues for the mazes will get as they can only let a max of 6 people in at a time I believe. The mazes we're shortened in length last year to accommodate for this so it must be happening again this year.

1 hour ago, PapiRides said:

Looks like they'll also have an extra night session the day before as Halloscream starts on the 22nd. Wondering how long the queues for the mazes will get as they can only let a max of 6 people in at a time I believe. The mazes we're shortened in length last year to accommodate for this so it must be happening again this year.

6 people has always been the max preffered per group at Halloscream, I worked there in 2019 pre-covid and that was the case. The big thing that made for long lines last year was each group was just a single party, so my group was just 2 people, definitely made it a lot scarier but obviously made lines a lot longer.

12 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

A bridge has been constructed over the launch track for the queue line. Pics from madejector_air on Instagram. Looks like it’ll be a great head hopper moment. Can’t wait to get on this in December.

5C64AB7E-BEBE-4254-9310-7E65621556A9.thumb.jpeg.87712613ccbd58e25650dfe310a5dbdd.jpeg

7CB60CF7-5D5A-47F6-9AFB-511901921971.thumb.jpeg.2b6836cde0682c3cd0ded17097e139de.jpeg

ECE642FC-37B7-4381-9DC0-CAFB8C072AD3.thumb.jpeg.6eb85efca9968d2b4933678cceeabd13.jpeg

03175E08-99E0-43E1-B4C1-FCE3D4EEC80F.thumb.jpeg.682d7ea47eb981228bdba8d52c2db4de.jpeg

0EFF74A7-AF4F-4ED0-9A62-C88DC9AECA61.thumb.jpeg.538e605088bbf98beb416070af4268c7.jpeg

73DCFF67-C6DD-4461-9F19-BE8A214F80F4.thumb.jpeg.90649f1924643fd0103b5c1a6deda6c4.jpeg

3C10E206-0A02-4D80-A184-126A672CAF55.thumb.jpeg.7402c9bd245c25b755bd3a61c93fced6.jpeg

Ah!! Excellent!! That’s pretty much the way I surmised it would go. Bet they now will build an exit staircase from the unload platform to the Midway below. The Big Dipper entrance will ne for just that- the entrance to the queue line. That bridge will be an awesome photo opportunity!! 

Luna Park confirmed to be reopening on October 22nd for Halloscream and then will have it's first day trade the next day on the 23rd. I'll be there opening weekend for sure, excited to try out 8 of the 9 new rides! 

https://events.bigtopsydney.com/event/halloscream-9-curse-of-the-coven-2021?fbclid=IwAR0Nd9faVI757KMIJDPr4LQouLID4I9ESR4rNEnlStFysMrg9mkv2U0A2iU

• Like 3

1 hour ago, themeparkman said:

I checked out Luna Park out yesterday they have room to put the Buzzsaw ride in, out near the back there's a massive grass area which could fit a medium sized rollercoaster or more rides.  

Luna Park is not allowed to put any rides there under the Luna Park Site act. Its not designated as an area for rides and amusements. Luna Park did look at a DA for changing this to a mixed use of small non permanent rides , however this was met with fierce resident opposition and the desire for it to remain a green space was very strong. Because of this, Luna Park withdrew the DA for this and it will remain as a green space with a Marquee as an outdoor space for picnics, and coporate space.

Buzzsaw is not a ride that is conducive for the Luna Park site. Even if it was a new build, it would not be considered due to its height, aesthetic and noise. 

• Like 3