Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

14 hours ago, Gazza said:

Have they actually started cycling trains on Big Dipper?

This is supposed to open in a month or so right

I haven't seen it run yet, but the photo updates i've seen show rub marks on the track, and the trains have swapped positions from the storage bay at least once, so there is definitely movement. Whether that's a cycle or just shuffling, i'm not sure but I believe the rub marks might indicate sneaky cycles going unnoticed.

• Like 1

They have started testing out the launches, they sent a video (which unfortunately I’m not allowed to share) but they are calibrating the boost launch (2nd launch) today, getting rollbacks but I guess that’s procedure (as well as it would already have speed from the first boost lmao). So pumped for this coaster!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

A not fully functioning ride and a coaster stuck. They are off to a real good start. They’ve spent all this money on attractions, but can they even operate them properly 🤔

They have said they will be running sledgehammer at 240° for the unforeseeable future. Shit go if you ask me! 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

A not fully functioning ride and a coaster stuck. They are off to a real good start. They’ve spent all this money on attractions, but can they even operate them properly 🤔

Look it is literally the first day of testing and they have tried to calibrate the launch system which has resulted in a valley. Cut LPS a bit of slack, still at least more than a month away till opening and you are already sledging them

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, tkk90 said:

They have said they will be running sledgehammer at 240° for the unforeseeable future. Shit go if you ask me! 

Probably to do with that video I saw on Facebook where the ride got stuck upside down for a good minute. Yes that did happen. 655311576_ScreenShot2021-11-13at12_06_12am.thumb.png.ae28eed25772b14b1e474c2e6776e509.png

Edited by 19Michael96
Added image.

On 13/11/21 at 12:05 AM, 19Michael96 said:

Probably to do with that video I saw on Facebook where the ride got stuck upside down for a good minute. Yes that did happen. 655311576_ScreenShot2021-11-13at12_06_12am.thumb.png.ae28eed25772b14b1e474c2e6776e509.png

It went into e-stop mode here but unfortunately was perfectly balanced. Hence why I didn't move from its inverted position. 

This occurred the weekend before Halloween from memory. It's had a few issues the following weekend. 

While It is upsetting it's not doing the 360, at least it's still operating. 

Went to have a look yesterday, the old Big Dipper carriage looks like it is getting repainted, some of the track from the Wild Mouse is there as well. 

Two questions for everyone? 

Are they completely re-tracking the Wild Mouse? Or what exactly is going on? 

Is there a chance Sledgehammer will go back to 360 mode? It seems a shame if it doesn’t. 

3A082D10-F833-478F-9340-E80E1F2BA1C0.jpeg

3B629209-9957-49B1-B2A9-5D1747517381.jpeg

• Love it! 1

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Went to have a look yesterday, the old Big Dipper carriage looks like it is getting repainted, some of the track from the Wild Mouse is there as well. 

Two questions for everyone? 

Are they completely re-tracking the Wild Mouse? Or what exactly is going on? 

Is there a chance Sledgehammer will go back to 360 mode? It seems a shame if it doesn’t. 

I hope the sledgehammer does get the 360 mode back again especially since it’s still advertised on the website and it’ makes a difference on the thrill of the ride, being a new ride it should have warranty so it should be fixed sometime in the future.

Surely even in the unlikely event that there's some serious issue with the ride, LPS wouldn't just give up running 360 cycles in response. The ride has been operating a matter of weeks. If it's something serious, they'll be chasing it up with the manufacturer and running full cycles again as soon as possible.

To limit the capability of the ride permanently when you could probably get repairs or rebuilds for free on warranty would be ridiculous.

• Like 1