Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

9 hours ago, Yyosh said:

This notice has been put on Luna Park's website. I hope this is temporary. BD's only closed for two hours after the rest of the park opens but I imagine some guests might be annoyed by the delayed opening.

image.thumb.png.75d96c0fef5f79f3ebb3ff34dfe1bc37.png

Why is this the case? Seems odd it’s closed for the first two hours. 

Anyone got any ideas?

7 hours ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

I’m sorry but I find it strange that these people expect Luna Park to do all the heavy lifting during a pandemic. I mean… going outside your back door during these times means you’re taking a risk of catching the virus. Why blame the park? If you’re concerned about the virus… simply don’t go. I understand that there’s an obvious level of expectation placed on businesses regarding the covid-safe management, but there’s only so much LP can enforce. 

That’s exactly the point.

On 25/01/2022 at 1:45 AM, Jim said:

Why is this the case? Seems odd it’s closed for the first two hours. 

Anyone got any ideas?

My guess is opening hours are quiet hours, and with BD being one of, if not the most expensive thing to run, better to hold it and build anticipation until there's enough of a crowd gathered in park to warrant full train operations.

Given what we've heard of how light the trains are, sending them partially full might also cause other issues.

It's also possible that the morning maintenance checks take longer and it was easier to keep it closed for a couple hours than to try and get everything open at once. 

Not the same, but Bush Beast's morning maintenance checks and track walks were still ongoing when Wonderland opened, which is why Goldrush didn't open until an hour after the rest of the park did

• Like 1

I went to the park this evening and Big Dipper's still (obviously) down. I'm hoping the park will use this time to add proper lockers to the station instead of the tubs on the ground they've been using.

Rockin' Tug has also thankfully been removed

IMG_20220205_195815.thumb.jpg.6785f5e1a69be65170320503f4dc1423.jpg

And sledgehammer's 240 cycle has been modified to last longer. (Sorry for the lack of good images)IMG20220205155703.thumb.jpg.3b4429e6bad7655f0692ee3c3a298f62.jpg

Edited by Yyosh
typo

5 hours ago, Yyosh said:

I went to the park this evening and Big Dipper's still (obviously) down. I'm hoping the park will use this time to add proper lockers to the station instead of the tubs on the ground they've been using.

Rockin' Tug has also thankfully been removed

IMG_20220205_195815.thumb.jpg.6785f5e1a69be65170320503f4dc1423.jpg

And sledgehammer's 240 cycle has been modified to last longer. (Sorry for the lack of good images)IMG20220205155703.thumb.jpg.3b4429e6bad7655f0692ee3c3a298f62.jpg

Wait it was removed? I thought it was staying for a lot longer…?

(not complaining though - definitely wasn’t the prettiest of sights)

Edited by BringADecentParkToSydney

• 3 weeks later...

This was from a few weeks ago. But you all wanted improved scenery in the park. And here’s the start! These cute little dolls based on Arthur Barton’s drawings who will enjoy Big Dipper I (hopefully) forever! The plan is to fill up all the seats on the carriage with other dolls as well! Once things improve a bit more, Luna Land and Big Dipper III will get better! 

89855BF1-B31E-4D79-996A-158B305FEA1B.jpeg

Wow. Seriously. Wow.

You ask a legitimate question with nothing but civility and respect but because you had the temerity to even raise  a query that may have been slightly negative your posts get deleted without any explanation. Not even a courtesy private message to explain the situation further or to reach out and try and smooth over the situation. 
This is redaction of the worst kind. 
And because it’s been done without even trying to reach out and explain it makes you feel like your opinion and your contributions are not even valued.

Sorry to me this is a type of arrogance that shouldn’t be on display for a community like this.

The whole thing has left a seriously bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report about the new cycle on Sledgehammer.

It is indeed much better and longer. I did not time the cycle but its definitely longer than what used to feel like 1 minute. It seems like a solid two minutes now.

It still swings only to the 240-degree angle but does not go full power from a standing start. The Gondola seeks to spin a little more also when the ride starts. 

Great changes, the only slight letdown might be on busier days, now with a longer ride time it will make the whole waiting process longer given how this ride usually operates with one operator and one attendant. On my visit (Saturday) it was just the one ride op. 

• Like 2