The CLAW-NOW under CONSTRUCTION

kennykoala

The reason as best as I can gather for the oversized control room is to house the PLC's for the sensors on the ride. Most of the rides with this style of ride use radio freq sensors on the seats and that alone requires a lot of computer power to keep control of those sensors, so that in the event of a problem with the ride seats, it can be shut down as soon as possible. If anyone has a copy of the doco from the Discovery Channel last year on the new thrill rides, they go into the whole process of how the rides sensors are set up and the control room for that ride is about the same size as the one we are seeing in the pictures. I do find it strange that they would house such a large transformer in a concrete building, as that is one thing that requires a lot of air flow to allow it to keep cool. They do not like the heat at all. Richo or anyone who goes to the park, try to see if the area where the transformer is placed, if inside the building, has a aircon system installed. This would make more sense as to keep the whole thing cool. Can't wait to the media day for a ride.

That would make sense as it requires a lot of air-flow to stay cool, and most of them are weather proof anyway. Just don't be standing next to one when they blow up. Will rip up the concrete slab and can rise up approx 1m off the ground when this happens. Any news on the testing of the ride yet?

• 3 weeks later...

What is with the 'jungle' painted wall? There's nothing I hate more in a theme park than a 2D painted wall. That sort of thing should be reserved for vacant shop hoardings in shopping centres, not theme parks. It surprises me even more when the wall is probably going to be permanent. Overall I like the idea of jungle theming but how on earth is it going to work stuck in the middle of Ocean Parade and Main Street? Is it going to be a whole new (tiny) themed area? It doesn't make sense

Overall I like the idea of jungle theming but how on earth is it going to work stuck in the middle of Ocean Parade and Main Street? Is it going to be a whole new (tiny) themed area? It doesn't make sense
I was wondering if anyone else was having those thoughts. Many people came out and said it'd fit in very well with Ocean Parade, and so I didn't want to come out and say anything, but its crossed my mind a couple of times that the themeing seems a bit mismatched. There could very well be a very clever tie-in, but I can't quite see it yet. Totally would've been better if it was placed in the spot Farmyard Friends took :eek: :D

thats what i was gonna say willsy, thanks for beating me to it, but yeah on beaches there can be like bush area before you come accross the beach, but in circumstances like this i think that thats it's a bit wrong to place that ride where it is now, like there is no bush in the front of Dreamworld, if they wanted it to look more interesting i think the Gold Rush area would be better or near the tower of terror. It has more of a jungle or bush like feel down there and it's empty, to place a new ride like the claw in an are where they have large thrill ride like cyclone, wipe out, nick central, enterprise etc it makes the area seem more crowded and to play the claw near those rides would be even worse IMO.

Sorry Shifty, but I just couldn't read that. Something about the claw having a monkey theme? I think a more suited theme would've been some kind of whirpool, because, it swings, and it kind of, well, you get the idea. And theme the whirlpool into Oncean Parade, and you could even change the area's name into Tropical disaster zone!!!! (joke.) You have a Cyclone, Vortex, WipeOut, Whirlpool, big crab in front of arcades, excetera excetera.....

I was listening to the radio in the car to this radio show called "the bench warmers" anyway, I heard "DW" and "claw" in the same sentence, so naturally my ears pricked up, turns out they are running a radio competition to be the first rider, you also win flights, accomidation etc. Enter at www.thebenchwarmers.com.au

I was listening to the radio in the car to this radio show called "the bench warmers" anyway, I heard "DW" and "claw" in the same sentence, so naturally my ears pricked up, turns out they are running a radio competition to be the first rider, you also win flights, accomidation etc. Enter at www.thebenchwarmers.com.au
Yep, I've heard loads of competitions about this. Many magazines and companies are making these. I got one in the mail from this teenage Commonwealth Bank group for a trip to DW and first to ride it along with the park to yourself for an hour, and I've also heard about a competition in Dolly or Cleo (one of those girl magazines..) and they have the exact same.

Well, theres 32 seats arent there? Maybe they just mean being one of the first but not being the actual first. I would pay to be the first rider for something if I got a T-Shirt, It would be so cool to get ahead of the GP, they dont enjoy rides on as many levels as we do. And what are you reading Cleo or Dolly for anyway? The sealed section?