History OF TOT

Titch

4 hours ago, Jobe said:

Yeah saw this last night - it was a good video. Pretty well researched and could not discern any notable discrepencies or inaccuracies. I like his channel- he has some good stuff. Love his intro theme tune though- that always puts a smile on my dial!! 😄

Bloody oath jobe the channel is pretty damm informative and goes into depth on each ride they talk about

5 hours ago, red dragin said:

Starting at 7:20 it looks to almost hit the top brakes. 

Love the quick part where dreamworld considered upgrading it to run faster but they decided it was not safe enough only mentioned for a few seconds

Love it in the video how magic mountain tried to claim the 100mph barrier and pretend TOT dosent exist even though superman was delayed and TOT got there first typically yank attitude lol

Cept the 'yank' attitude was to reinvest In the ride and give it upgrades to keep running at it's peak  for years to come where as DW cheaped out and ultimately had to kill the ride...

I hate a little bit that I'm shoving the knife in on DW here because I really doh't want to be the 'shit on DW guy' all the time but in a pissing contest of who is better between DW and SFMM it's hard to see this coming out in DWs favour. 

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rappa said:

Cept the 'yank' attitude was to reinvest In the right and give it upgrades to keep running at it's peak  for years to come where as DW cheaped out and ultimately had to kill the ride...

I hate a little bit that I'm shoving the knife in on DW here because I really doh't want to be the 'shit on DW guy' all the time but in a pissing contest of who is better between DW and SFMM it's hard to see this coming out in DWs favour. 

Can't argue with that response rappa your defiantly right there 

Just now, Titch said:

Can't argue with that response rappa your defiantly right there 

I went to magic mountain a few years back still not the best park I've been to but miles ahead of dreamworld

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jobe said:

Pretty well researched

I mean, so long as wikipedia is reliable, why change it, right?

The channel does some great videos, well put together - my issue is his sources are almost entirely Wikipedia (and pretty much word for word) - I'd just prefer if he did it in his own words.

On the flip side - he's still better than defunctland - who made a whole video about the closure of Wonderland and based it on the story that staff were locked out and the animals in the wildlife park were abandoned. According to him, staff had to break in just to feed the animals. Just plain wrong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Titch said:

Love it in the video how magic mountain tried to claim the 100mph barrier and pretend TOT dosent exist even though superman was delayed and TOT got there first typically yank attitude lol

They try to claim it on the basis of "it opened for passholder previews first, and that still counts".

• Like 1

There was also the pissing contest for for years and years as to a) whether or not you measure the ride structure or how high the ride itself goes record (which would give the "tallest" record to Six Flags since they launched theirs off a hill and had a taller structure to compensate) and b) if it was a roller-coaster at all to begin with. I've always maintained if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's probably a duck. Ergo, it looks like a roller-coaster, sounds like a roller-coater and moves under its own gravity at some point, therefore, it's a coaster.

His videos are fine. Not the biggest fan after he ripped off articles I wrote and recited them verbatim but such is life, right?

Also, super nerdy fun fact - you'll note the perspex on the front has no frame around it during it's first few years of operation, as spotted in the video. A frame was later added to re-inforce it against bird strikes. ;) 

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2