Wet n Wild GC - New Attraction?

themagician

I know we’ve had discussions in the past about possible future attractions at WnW GC, but we could possibly be seeing a new attraction coming to the Mach 5 area of H20 Zone in the near future (yet to be officially confirmed).

What kind of attraction do people want to see in this area of the park? The area is about 140 metres long and 70 metres wide.

Don't slide wheels have relatively low throughput though? I can't remember and its been a while since I looked at the concept.

As for the space not being big enough to house an aqua coaster - the current footprint might not permit that but there's still plenty of space around that footprint that you could expand onto to accommodate practically anything you wanted to.

Here's what I see as the usable area. Certain elements could cross the creek if necessary, and they could even go over the top of some of the other structures in the area too if need be. It's a pretty big area back there....

image.thumb.png.dd8440b509b91622e0d420a3b2cd6043.png

Don't forget they've got a lot of those picnic shelters to the bottom left corner there too - that space is usable if need be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

A 135m X 60m slide 

Something something big enough for your mum. Fill in the gaps, too lazy this morning for a burn.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Don't slide wheels have relatively low throughput though? I can't remember and its been a while since I looked at the concept.

As for the space not being big enough to house an aqua coaster - the current footprint might not permit that but there's still plenty of space around that footprint that you could expand onto to accommodate practically anything you wanted to.

Here's what I see as the usable area. Certain elements could cross the creek if necessary, and they could even go over the top of some of the other structures in the area too if need be. It's a pretty big area back there....

image.thumb.png.dd8440b509b91622e0d420a3b2cd6043.png

Don't forget they've got a lot of those picnic shelters to the bottom left corner there too - that space is usable if need be.

Yeah Black Hole is pretty compact and the final slide run is low profile and the buildings / shelters around the area a low enough for slides to run above.

Not sure the rules around this but if needed I'm sure support pillars could go into the horse paddocks around the edges too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Not sure the rules around this but if needed I'm sure support pillars could go into the horse paddocks around the edges too.

if the paddocks are just for containment (ie - they aren't using it for training or practice) they'd get away with posts inside the fenceline. most horses are idiots when it comes to hurting themselves but its nigh on impossible to hurt themselves on a smooth steel post - so long as they paint it white.

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Why didn't you check the Whitewater West website?

https://www.whitewaterwest.com/en/products/water-slides/icons/slidewheel/

340-480 per hr, with 4 per raft, it's a group every 45 secs at least.

17 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

i really would like to see an aqua coaster similar to Krakatau at Volcano Bay there but i feel this will never happen especially the since the space is not big enough from what i have seen

But the site of Mach 5 is bigger than the site of Supertubes Hydrocoaster

image.thumb.png.d3bdacc471a20f330e0cbd11834fbfef.png

image.thumb.png.41b1a73d2b5aa703a14dfff661a4cc12.png

And if you want a longer slide, in less space you can stack it up

Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark - WhiteWater

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

With ground works already happening, I believe we'll see a fair few new attractions in this space in time for summer. I think anything from Whitewater West would be a good start. I dont see a slide wheel coming to be honest. Maybe some tailspins and a water coaster to finally rival WWW and some body slides to replace the lost jetstreams and directly compete with Fully6. Watch this space I guess.

From the back of AOS looks as though there's been some groundworks happening post removal of the mach 5 tower, slabs and spashdown - perhaps as part of the demo contractors scope.  However, it looks like a larger compound is being set up. I'd say we will see a principal contractor mobilise to site sooner rather than later.

Removal of Mach 5 was completed months ago. 

I haven’t been to WnW in about 4 weeks but that was well after the demolition works were completed, and all that was left was dirt... 

I also drove past the back of WnW today on the way to PC and nothing was noticeably different. 

what are the signs of groundwork that you have seen @Vora00?

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

1. Source 

This sound a bit dicky and a bit of an out, but...

If @themagiciandoesn't provide a source, its confidential. This forum has "reputation" for that reason though. Someone with the top rep on the forum posts and doesn't provide a source, they still can generally be trusted, just use common sense and make sure its not a joke.

If you or even me started posting stuff, then sure be skeptical. 

Edited by Naazon
  • Like 3

Everyone on here has/is skeptical when people come out and say things like this. But I guess over time, you been to understand who is legit and who is just making stuff up.

I can’t give details yet, so I am not necessarily confirming there is a new attraction, but for anyone who passes/visits WNW regularly, just check in on that area every now and then for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1